Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have a opportunity to buy from a friend his 06 650 Brute force, It has been taken care of, has a new winch, and new tires. It doesn't need a thing.. He wants 3k for it.. Is that a good price to buy. Thanks . Its my first post

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
46 Posts
Welcome to the board.

If overall good condition, (plastics not broken up, nice seat, everything works needs nothing but a rider) that is a pretty good deal.
But I would want a test run because there are always issues to be aware of. How many miles/hrs has it run?
The usual fate of ATV is they are only used a few months out of the year and are stored the rest of the time. This usually leads to the carb getting gummy. What is typical are hard starting when cold. If it seems to run well, I would do a full power run on a straight road to make sure the CVT is operating OK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the board.

If overall good condition, (plastics not broken up, nice seat, everything works needs nothing but a rider) that is a pretty good deal.
But I would want a test run because there are always issues to be aware of. How many miles/hrs has it run?
The usual fate of ATV is they are only used a few months out of the year and are stored the rest of the time. This usually leads to the carb getting gummy. What is typical are hard starting when cold. If it seems to run well, I would do a full power run on a straight road to make sure the CVT is operating OK.
Thanks, cvt? but I will run it for sure. it has 950 miles on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you know the history and it doesn't include any mud or water riding and being your friend he wouldn't BS you, yeah, I would.
Thanks I bought it today. The battery needs replacement.. I am confused on Amazon on which one to get. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
46 Posts
Thanks I bought it today. The battery needs replacement.. I am confused on Amazon on which one to get. any help would be appreciated
Wow, really low miles on it too. Congrats! I paid $2800 for my '05 Brute 650 SRA a couple years ago. The seller was firm on $3000 but I had $2800 cash in hand which was all I had. He took it just to be done with the hassle of trying to sell it. As far as the battery; it is pretty standard fair. The OEM is a 12v 12AH. Make sure you get a battery the same dimensions as the original. I tend to buy online since I'm in a backwater area and local shops never have anything in stock. Off brand batteries seem to be hit and miss so you may want a premium battery like a Interstate FAYTX14.
You can get these at Costco for 90 bux I believe.
Mystery brand batteries you can get for for 40-50 bux but I believe in the old adage you get what you pay for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts