Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2013 750 with eps, it is still under warranty till the end of October if i need to take it in. The issue that I'm having is when the ATV is off and I'm turning the handlebars to the left and to the right sometimes i wont be able to crank the handlebars completely one way without it stopping. You can power through it but it makes a horrible clicking thunking noise when i force it. Doesn't seem like it is a issue with the tie rods so thinking it has to be with the steering stem. I do some mudding occasionally and power wash it when done so could it be that i just need to grease the steering stem bearing? I'm not quite sure how things work with the new eps system so thanks for any help. I can try to figure how to post a video if needed.

·
Super Moderator
13,496 Posts
So i have a 2013 750 with eps, it is still under warranty till the end of October if i need to take it in. The issue that I'm having is when the ATV is off and I'm turning the handlebars to the left and to the right sometimes i wont be able to crank the handlebars completely one way without it stopping. You can power through it but it makes a horrible clicking thunking noise when i force it. Doesn't seem like it is a issue with the tie rods so thinking it has to be with the steering stem. I do some mudding occasionally and power wash it when done so could it be that i just need to grease the steering stem bearing? I'm not quite sure how things work with the new eps system so thanks for any help. I can try to figure how to post a video if needed.
There is an issue with doing that with all Brutes and that is in just the right position the outer CV joints lock just sitting still. Most all Brutes do this so try turning side to side while moving...like having someone push you or rock it back and forth or jack the front end up and have someone spin the wheels while turning. If it works fine, then its just the CV joint and its normal...well I say normal but this also happens a lot more often with one that is damaged or has lost it's grease from a ripped boot so check it out closely.

If it still does it moving then better take it in while you can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is an issue with doing that with all Brutes and that is in just the right position the outer CV joints lock just sitting still. Most all Brutes do this so try turning side to side while moving...like having someone push you or rock it back and forth or jack the front end up and have someone spin the wheels while turning. If it works fine, then its just the CV joint and its normal...well I say normal but this also happens a lot more often with one that is damaged or has lost it's grease from a ripped boot so check it out closely.

If it still does it moving then better take it in while you can.
Thanks for the reply, i might not be able to try it till this weekend since i don't store the atv at my place. I also uploaded the video of the noise to youtube here is the link

2013 brute force steering noise - YouTube

1 - 4 of 4 Posts