Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a 07 brute is there any reason why there is 2 wires on the front left side that are not connected to anything? this bothers me. what are they for? extra power source for a switch?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah all of the brutes have them wire's.I believe its for extra lights.There is also a set of wire's hanging down in the back so that you can put a back up light on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The wires up front are for the European models to have horns (I think it's a horn). You can use them for anything really. In the rear are actually two sets of wires. One is a prewired reverse light harness. The other is simply another 12 volt power supply.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There'll be two lead's sticking out of the main harness just inboard of the top of the left front shock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
reverse

could you please tell me the exact location of the prewired reverse lights, bin thinkin of adding some reverselights and this would very much help

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you look in the right rear fender,right above the gas tank you will see the main wiring harness coming back along the frame tube.It should be poking out of the main harness right above the gas tank.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good point BigRueb,maybe I should have specified that. There will be two wire's together with bullet connector's, one will be brown (switched ignition) and the reverse wire will be white w/ red stripe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No. They are bullet style terminals built into the harness. You just need the opposite bullet connector (male vs female) on your light and plug it in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i prefer the female ones

·
Registered
171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by Bigmike750
Good point BigRueb,maybe I should have specified that. There will be two wire's together with bullet connector's, one will be brown (switched ignition) and the reverse wire will be white w/ red stripe.[/b]
I know this is probably easy, but could someone give an applicable example of how this would work.

Say you have a set of backup lights from an autoparts store with a negative (black wire) and a positive (red wire). Do you just ground the black wire, and hook the red to the brown wire on the brute? What would I do with the reverse wire from the Brute (white/red stripe).

Also, can we get an exaple on the front wires. Again, say you have a set of small driving lights you would like to use.

Thanks,

JM

·
Registered
180 Posts
hook both wires from the light into to male and female connectors,when you switch it to reverse the switch makes up a ground and the light turns on

·
Registered
64 Posts
To explain why...one wire is hot all the time. The other is the ground and is grounded thru the reverse switch. When you shift to reverse the reverse switch closes, closing the circuit to turn on the light (this same switch also tells the CDI it's in reverse and turns on the reverse indicator on the display).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Fuse that little dude too. light wattage/batt volts = amp draw. I wired one straight in and after a day of riding and a power wash something shorted out, I lost my reverse indacator light in dash, and got all freaked out (new bike) about the indacator and warrenty work on reverse switch just to know Im in reverse. :( I tried to block it out after i removed the short I went riding and it just started working again go figure? I wired it again last night this time with a relay and a fuse.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bruc 750 made a good point, anytime you add an accesory to these bike's you always want to add a fuse to the circuit that you added. If the accesory isn't fused and you have it connected to any switched ignition source on these brute's (any brown wire in the harness) and your accesory short's out it will pop the main harness fuse and the bike will be "dead on the trail" so to speak. Also,depending the the amp draw of the accesory you should also use a relay with your accesory to take the load off the switched ignition circuit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bigmike 750 Is the main harness fuse under the seat with the others?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts