Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Im in south ga, weathers always good lol... To try an fix the idle to half throttle on wot should i up the pilots to 42? Or just go to 2.5 turns out from 2? I read that brutes are lean on the pilots from factory and most people turn out the screws or up there pilots. Not sure if this is a area i need to look at for getting it better..
My assumption from what i read is pilot jets control idle and idle to 1/4 throttle, slide needle from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle and mains from 3/4 to wot. Is this the way it goes on these carbs? Will jets also effect 1/4 to wot and needles will effect about 1/2 to wot.is that right to?

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Im in south ga, weathers always good lol... To try an fix the idle to half throttle on wot should i up the pilots to 42? Or just go to 2.5 turns out from 2? I read that brutes are lean on the pilots from factory and most people turn out the screws or up there pilots. Not sure if this is a area i need to look at for getting it better..
My assumption from what i read is pilot jets control idle and idle to 1/4 throttle, slide needle from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle and mains from 3/4 to wot. Is this the way it goes on these carbs? Will jets also effect 1/4 to wot and needles will effect about 1/2 to wot.is that right to?
There are just two systems, the slow or pilot system and the main jet system. The pilot or slow gets all it's fuel through the pilot jets. That system is split into two parts, the idle control which the A/Fs effect and the intermediate which starts just after the butterflys open. That system, along with the air jets carries the fuel needs up until there is enough low-pressure or vacuun between the CV slide and the needle port to start drawing through the main jet. Then that system is regulated by the needle and the CV slide all the rest of the way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Went to 2.5 turns out on af screws and that cleared my idle to wot issue.. Just going to leave it and run it then get new plugs then check again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
My idle to wot hesitation comes and goes. Also takes a few seconds to start once cold and when warm takes alittle longer then normal to start. When i had the 42 pilots in it started right up when cold and warm so im going to put the 42s back in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Im very happy with it otherwise.just that slight hesitation on take off on wot. If im going like 7mph and go wot it dont do it..just on a stand still take off and some times it dont do it..maybe out of 10 times i take off in a row itll do it 4 or 5 times.. Im very close to dialing it in.just figured if i went out to 3 turns that would be my limit on the 40s.. Unless someone thinks i should try something else

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Im very happy with it otherwise.just that slight hesitation on take off on wot. If im going like 7mph and go wot it dont do it..just on a stand still take off and some times it dont do it..maybe out of 10 times i take off in a row itll do it 4 or 5 times.. Im very close to dialing it in.just figured if i went out to 3 turns that would be my limit on the 40s.. Unless someone thinks i should try something else
Anything past 2.85 turns is over what the port will allow to flow so..sounds like your vacuum level is low...and that's very possible with a BBK, or the float level is a couple of thousands low..which is more likely. Also..does this have a performance CDI like a Dynatek? It should have if it doesn't. The timing mist be run more advanced with this set up. If it doesn't, it will be sluggish and have flat spots.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Im at 3 turns out. Drove around testing it for about an hour and no hesitation anymore but the exhaust pops more. Its got the stock cdi. I checked the fuel levels last time i had the carbs off and with my digital caliper there both at 2.93mm(i used a plasti gauge tape measure and marked 2.90 on it and set the levels that way but comes up at 2.93mm)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I got no exhaust leaks. Could the slight pop be from the hmf pipe being no baffle in it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The cdi will be my next thing. I did how ever change the jets to 170 and 175. Kept the 40 pilot and at 2.5 turns out. I adjusted the valves which all were on the loose side.i adjusted them to the middle of the specs. So far no complaints. Starts right up. Runs good. No hesitation. No gas smell.
I changed the jets cause i pulled the plugs when i adjusted the valves and the tips and ceramic started to turn white. It also ran hot(cooling fan was just about running constant).
I pulled a grader for my drive way and she ran nice an cool.
Now when i get the cdi ill have to jet up again for that too?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts