Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new member here
Recently bought an 06 Brute force 750. I’m relatively good with small engines but I’m having some issues getting my new wheeler going. First personal wheeler for me so I’m kinda learning the machine as I go.

Bought the wheeler not running. Had sat for 3 years through Maine winters under a tarp. Mice had chewed a few wires but I believe I have got that all sorted out. Got it home and tried turning it over. Feels like it has plenty of compression but plan to throw a compression tester on it to double check. Pulled the gas tank and drained and cleaned it. Refilled with 93, rebuilt the carbs and replaced carb boots along with spark plugs

I try to jump the wheeler and it turns over and choke seems to work but will not fire or start. Pulled plugs and have spark, and from what I can tell, I’m getting a good flow rate of fuel into the carbs. But again, will not start or fire. Just keeps turning over.

Now for my question is, where do I go from here as far as trouble shooting? I would like to have the machine ready to go about a month from now so I don’t really have time to keep ordering parts and trying them

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
13,496 Posts
First..get that compression test. It mist be above 40psi. Second, check the valve timing and the valve lash. Third, check the build date. If before November 2005, it may have one of the 05's harnesses and that means it has the buss connector that must be cut out. We have a video on that in Brute Tech. Check the actual fuel pressure and flow. Also, have you primed the pump? Remove the actuator controller and you will see the fuel valve, turn it to PRI. Then crank it until the carbs are full or you get good flow to the carbs, then turn it back to ON/RUN. Check voltage at the coils. If cranking and below 11 volts it will not start. If the battery is bad...and it should be, replace it and check all connections. Also, pull the fuse box and check all connections underneath for corrosion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts