Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Hey guys would the 2 inch lift on my Brute kill or prematurely wear out the ball joints? When I remove the shock and lift up slightly the spindle moves left to right smoothly. Spinning the axle is smooth as well but once I put the shocks back on it’s stiff again. What is the stock Length of the shock?

Every post about 2 inch lift kits etc. are all positive and I can’t find anybody having issues like mine

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Ordered Quadboss ball joints. Expensive suckers…..going to use a few washers on the tie rods to help the steering. Anything else you guys doing to help the geometry feel? From what I’ve read the geometry on all later years was improved.

·
Administrator
14,588 Posts
Ordered Quadboss ball joints. Expensive suckers…..going to use a few washers on the tie rods to help the steering. Anything else you guys doing to help the geometry feel? From what I’ve read the geometry on all later years was improved.
Just get the toe-in right. Just slightly in from zero...like 3/32s.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Silver Body jewelry Wood Jewellery Automotive tire

Automotive tire Font Auto part Household hardware Jewellery

Works been busy but I finally got some sleeves pressed in after drilling out the oval hole. Also got new misalignment spacers for my tie rod hiem joints and proper bolts. Used Kawi motor mount bolts …fit perfectly no movement.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Good day everyone, got everything back together just need to wire in a switch for thumb warmer. Bolted all the plastics back on and went to snug up the winch cable and all I hear is the solenoid clicking and if I hold in the button the solenoid makes a humming noise that gets progressively faster also she dies when I use the winch. Any ideas?
In the meantime I guess I’m searching on the forum for Similarities

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive wheel system Wood

here’s the hiem joints back on with new misalignment spacers and proper bolts. The only threaded length is what is exposed, so no threads to act like a saw blade and chew away at anything. The sleeves and spacers are stainless to protect the cast aluminum knuckle. Hopefully this was all an improvement!

………now to start riding and enjoy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Well I’ve been riding pretty much the same terrain….lots of rocks and roots..technical and I just tightened up the left about half a turn. Right side was good and bottom of steering stem snugged up. The older Banshee stem looks like it could be a good candidate for a improved sealed bearing mod if I get creative and feel like it. The new coils and CDI are proving to be a relief… if the bikes been sitting for any amount of time so far it starts right up and idols perfectly.

Crazy trail on a decline end up sending me into a tree luckily it went in between the rad and tire bending the bumper in. All I did was pull that one portion back out so now it looks like I’ll have a bumper project in the future if I feel up to it……anyone have a stock one in Ont?

Shawn

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Going to soften the Elkas up on all 4 corners and cruz some easy trails this long weekend. Maybe see who has the best lap times! Haha……be safe guys and enjoy the last long weekend of the summer.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts