Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

05 BF 650 - CARB HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!

8K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  UnluckyDiablo 
#1 ·
Morning ! This is my first post and im sure like many, i found myself here posting because ive searched everywhere and cant come up with the answers.. Hoping the Kawie community can help! My Brute 650 is running fine but pouring fuel out of the carb once started, performance doesnt seem to be affected. Ive pinpointed that its coming from the plastic tube on top that runs between the carbs. I believe this is a "transfer tube"..? I believe this tube has an o ring on each side from the schematics ive seen.. Cannot find a single post/video showing how to change these... Do i HAVE to split the carbs to change? If so, how hard is it to sync the carbs back up after? I bought a rebuild kit off ebay that came with 2 o rings but am unsure if those are the correct ones. If not, any references on where to buy just those o rings? I have got the air box off and am just trying to find some concrete answers before i go any further... another question is, i saw a video on removing the carbs but didnt show putting them back on. How do the choke assymblies go back in? Do i have to do anything special? NEED SOME MAJOR HELP , FAST FELLAS! TRYING TO GET MY BABY GOING SO I CAN PLOW SOME SNOW AND PLAY!$!$!

#2 ·
I had a similar problem recently with my 06 brute 650. on the right side I noticed gas dripping fast from a plastic fitting that plugged into the side of the carbs. It was black and a few inches long with two protruding tube like fittings that plugged into the carbs. To get it off I had to use a Phillips to unscrew 3 or more small Phillips screws. I seem to remember it being held in place by a metal plate that I removed the screws from. This allowed the fitting to unplug from the carbs... it was still attached to a gas line and I don‘t remember if I had to disconnect from the gas line. At any rate I replaced two O rings and put it back together... leak stopped. All good now. Hope this helps... I am not where my brute is stored or I would send you a picture. By the way, the o rings I used were from a friends o ring collection and not ordered special for this job.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply... here is a pic with the pen pointing to the part/ area mine is leaking.. sounds like our situations are similar. The part is $25 after shipping for the small tube and 2 orings.. i was hoping i could go to my local hose/fitting store and get a couple comparable orings.

#8 ·
I'm trying to replace the boots from the carb to the engine, can't seem to find the right part (everything I search brings up "intake boots", not engine). Also my friend is poking at it tonight, said it's spewing fuel everywhere so I asked him where the leak is. Mine is a 06 750 brute btw, but I'm guessing close enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.