Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

REVIEW: ROX RISERS & SOLEX BARS

13K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Thom 
#1 ·
I got my hands on a set of Rox Risers and Universal Solex handlebar with the pod dash panel. I have to say Rox products are top notch quality. The installation was pretty straight forward and simple just a little time consuming in being that Kawie has plenty of bolts to remove. Total time was about 30-45 minutes but I took my time. The only problem I had which really isn't is that the dash panel needs the rubber spacers from the stock pod and doesn't tell you so, it just takes you a few minutes to look it over and see that you need them and you swap them. You will see what I mean by my pic. The ability to be able to adjust your seating position is a great advantage especially on long rides. The wider handlebar makes steering much easier, you will see this as soon as you drive on a hard surface. I went for ride with the family this weekend and I had to drive much slower and the better seating position and wider bars really were much more comfortable and easier on the upper body. This is a great addition to your quad, total cost is under $200.
[attachment=1766:DSCF0620.JPG][attachment=1767:DSCF0621.JPG]
[attachment=1768:DSCF0622.JPG]

Before
[attachment=1764:DSCF0617.JPG][attachment=1765:DSCF0618.JPG]

After

[attachment=1762:DSCF0625.JPG][attachment=1763:DSCF0626.JPG]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice review! I contacted Ryan, at Rox, and they believe that the dash mount will work for Prairie's as well! I may well give the risers a try with a set of Fast Flexx bars. $$ will decide, but I am more sold, than ever, after reading your review.

#14 ·
looks great python

I ran into a slight problem with the K&N airfilter. The filter is a touch taller then stock and it makes it difficult to remove. There doesn't seem to be an issue with the TwinAir I have. So I used 3 washers to raise my dash panal up a notch and that worked great. I am going to contact Ryan at Rox to let him know.More then likely this isn't a known issue.

#15 ·
With my dash panel I had to bend it up about 10 degrees or so to clear the EHS lid no biggie. When I was in my backyard giving at thrashing, I discovered that I needed to put some more ass behind the bolts holding on the risers. Nothing says exciting like letteing the bike down form a wheelie and the bars keep on going, got my attention real quick.

#22 ·
Way better ergonomics than the stock setup, easier to turn and easier on the back for those long trail rides. As for it hitting the mud lid I would say that it would. When I installed mine I had to bend the bracket up just a little bit to clear the regular EHS lid. I remember seeing a instrument mount that I believe Mike Penland made that put the pod above and infront of the handle bars.

#24 ·
Agree. Whole different feel with this set up. I ride quite a bit standing up and with the new bar set up it works quite well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.