Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

BRUTE FORCE LOWERING KIT

24K views 75 replies 21 participants last post by  dman66 
#1 ·
I purchased the lowering kit from Donnie Ratledge through BruteManKelly. From as soon as you open the box you see nothing but top quality workmanship and parts I was very impressed. The instructions were easy to follow and pretty much take away the rusted bolts you have in there since you bought the machine installation time is minimal, I took my time and it was done in about a half an hour. My first ride was today and besides it being cold it was a great afternoon to try it out. First impression was that my Brute felt a lot like my 650 Prairie that I have when I go in the trails, with my 27 XTR’s the quad can feel a little top heavy compared to others nothing you can’t get used to but this kit made it feel better to the ground. There was a lot of ice so any real high speed test couldn’t happen. I would suggest this to anyone who would like to make you Brute feel more connected to the ground. I will say though my 27’s do rub on the front bumper when the bike slams down from a wheelie but I will fix that by taken the cover off the bumper and pulling the bumper tubes forward. I believe I hit one to many trees on the right side and that side hits not the left. So don’t hesitate to email Donnie at dratledge1@yahoo.com or PM BruteManKelly for any questions.
[attachment=1354:DSCF0592.JPG][attachment=1355:DSCF0595.JPG]
[attachment=1356:DSCF0596.JPG][attachment=1357:DSCF0597.JPG]
[attachment=1358:DSCF0598.JPG]
Here is an older picture of the front and rear of my Brute before.
[attachment=1359:DSCF0459__Small_.JPG][attachment=1360:DSCF0461__Small_.JPG]

See less See more
#4 ·
<div class='quotetop'></div>
I purchased the lowering kit from Donnie Ratledge through BruteManKelly. From as soon as you open the box you see nothing but top quality workmanship and parts I was very impressed. The instructions were easy to follow and pretty much take away the rusted bolts you have in there since you bought the machine installation time is minimal, I took my time and it was done in about a half an hour. My first ride was today and besides it being cold it was a great afternoon to try it out. First impression was that my Brute felt a lot like my 650 Prairie that I have when I go in the trails, with my 27 XTR's the quad can feel a little top heavy compared to others nothing you can't get used to but this kit made it feel better to the ground. There was a lot of ice so any real high speed test couldn't happen. I would suggest this to anyone who would like to make you Brute feel more connected to the ground. I will say though my 27's do rub on the front bumper when the bike slams down from a wheelie but I will fix that by taken the cover off the bumper and pulling the bumper tubes forward. I believe I hit one to many trees on the right side and that side hits not the left. So don't hesitate to email Donnie at dratledge1@yahoo.com or PM BruteManKelly for any questions.[/b][/b]
Thanks VTPRAIRIE That's good to hear. We worked really hard to make it easy to install and give better handling. I like mine better without the sway bar. Take 10 mins. and remove it and give it a try. If you don't like it you just lost 20 mins.

#5 ·
Hi all,

I got my BMK Lowering Kit yesterday & installed it today. What a snap that was

15 minutes start to finish but my plastics are all off so that made the front bar extremely easy.

Great quality & fitment.

Thanks to BMK & Donnie for the awesome product & excellent service.

More of a review once I get to ride the machine as this is what it looked like this morning when I started working on it

#7 ·
I will regret to say that with my 27 xtr's I get more hitting on the headlights after wheelies and such when it slams down that for the most part I will be running it in regular positin with my 27's and when I drag race at events I will lower it with my 25's I was thinking of getting a set of 26 by 14 inch terracrosses instead but honestly there expensive and If i switch that is what I want I will be playing around with the kit maybe leave the back end up and lower the front when I race I love the fact I can leave the brackets on and switch levels around with just a jack and a 14mm wrench's

I will keep you up to date

#10 ·
My lowering kit shipped out yesterday. Man I can't wait to install it.

#11 ·
I have to ask....why in the hell would you want to lower your quad? Seems to defeat the purpose if you ask me[/b][/b]

I think I understand your point (ground clearance), but I find the Brute a bit on the high side and "tipsy" compared
to others I ride with.....

Just my uneducated .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000002¢

Tom D

#13 ·
I agree that the Brute is quite tippy, but wheel spacers or offset rims should counter that effect quite affectavely, IMO (and you can come home dirtier...
). But, I guess everybody likes their own thing.[/b][/b]
I do have offset rims and hd springs it helps but the kit is even better

#15 ·
Kits for the Grizzly are in the works. Already fitted a 660 & Now got to get a 700 to fit.

#17 ·
Those 26" Terracross may be nice too. Less flex in the turns with the 14" rims. I'd have to try a set on a lowered Brute before spending the coin though. Otherwise...25" Terracross or may those 4 Ply radials like Adirondack Man has. I heard they're pretty light for a radial.

#18 ·
Gearslayer,

You are right about my Goodyear MT/R radials. I was surprised that they are as light as they are for an aftermarket tire. I can tell you that they have worked great in the snow and handling is much improved over both stock tires, and the 26" Mudlight XL's I used to run. They are definetely not a mud tire though, at least in comparison to the Mudlight XLs. They are an awesome trail tire. I have been very happy with them. And, they are available in 12" rim, and 14" rim size.

#20 ·
hows the lift holding out?? i am skidish about that since i liek to jump.[/b][/b]
the material is top notch it won't break but you really need 25 inch tires for it to really shine and its easy to go from one the other did it this weekend put the shocks back to normal position for running my 27's it took less then 45 minutes and the kit stays on the bike when I run my 25's I will lower it again.

#24 ·
How much for the lowering kit ??? 07 BF 750i[/b][/b]
$200.00 shipped anywhere in the 48 U.S. states

#26 ·
so lowering the older brutes prior to 08 does this lowering kit put the brute at roughly the same hight as the 08's.. lol and im thinkin about lifting mine as i hit the skids too often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.