Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

BRUTE FORCE LOWERING KIT

24K views 75 replies 21 participants last post by  dman66 
#1 ·
I purchased the lowering kit from Donnie Ratledge through BruteManKelly. From as soon as you open the box you see nothing but top quality workmanship and parts I was very impressed. The instructions were easy to follow and pretty much take away the rusted bolts you have in there since you bought the machine installation time is minimal, I took my time and it was done in about a half an hour. My first ride was today and besides it being cold it was a great afternoon to try it out. First impression was that my Brute felt a lot like my 650 Prairie that I have when I go in the trails, with my 27 XTR’s the quad can feel a little top heavy compared to others nothing you can’t get used to but this kit made it feel better to the ground. There was a lot of ice so any real high speed test couldn’t happen. I would suggest this to anyone who would like to make you Brute feel more connected to the ground. I will say though my 27’s do rub on the front bumper when the bike slams down from a wheelie but I will fix that by taken the cover off the bumper and pulling the bumper tubes forward. I believe I hit one to many trees on the right side and that side hits not the left. So don’t hesitate to email Donnie at dratledge1@yahoo.com or PM BruteManKelly for any questions.
[attachment=1354:DSCF0592.JPG][attachment=1355:DSCF0595.JPG]
[attachment=1356:DSCF0596.JPG][attachment=1357:DSCF0597.JPG]
[attachment=1358:DSCF0598.JPG]
Here is an older picture of the front and rear of my Brute before.
[attachment=1359:DSCF0459__Small_.JPG][attachment=1360:DSCF0461__Small_.JPG]

See less See more
#54 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VTprairie @ Feb 24 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The nice part as well is the quick flexibility to go from lowered to stranded once the kit is on.[/b]

Explain please VT?????

#58 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VTprairie @ Feb 24 2009, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
All my pics that I took didn't come over in the merge but go to the first page and check out the pics from a member TheHouse there it shows the mounts[/b]

Has anyone heard from Donnie????????

#61 ·
is your rad back in stock position or still on your rack. I know when I put mine on nothing was in the way and when I tried to snorkle it nothing was in the way there either.
once you have it lowered you will like it on the trails allot better,what size tires you going to run with the kit.

#62 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VTprairie @ May 2 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
is your rad back in stock position or still on your rack. I know when I put mine on nothing was in the way and when I tried to snorkle it nothing was in the way there either.
once you have it lowered you will like it on the trails allot better,what size tires you going to run with the kit.[/b]
Radiator is still on the rack for now, I will be putting it back in the stock location though. For now I plan on running my 27'' zillas until I can get some 25'' ____________ (insert whatever tire I get here). Probably bighorns or terracrosses.

#68 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nadep python @ May 2 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Radiator is still on the rack for now, I will be putting it back in the stock location though. For now I plan on running my 27'' zillas until I can get some 25'' ____________ (insert whatever tire I get here). Probably bighorns or terracrosses.[/b]
SailorGriz had Bighorns on his brute at the SLUMLORD ride and I was much impressed with how they handled everthing we threw at em! With ease!!!

#69 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nadep python @ May 14 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here is the front end on mine.

Before.

After.

Front finished.

It definatly drops the front end a lot. I'll get the back tomorrow with before and after pics with measurments.[/b]
What size tires and wheels are on your brute? Can you measure from the floorboard to the ground for me. Trying to get an idea how much it lowered it.

#71 ·
I got the back end completed today. Took two beers and about 15 minutes.

Right side completed.

All done.

Now for the measurements at the right side floorboards.

Measurments of the back end at the frame.

I cant wait to ride the thing now. The 27's got to go, I need some 25''______________ (insert tires here) stat.

#76 ·
Donnie is still in business , I contacted him I think in the beginning of this year . I think he said he would need at least 8 buyers before he would make more kits , but contact him yourself if you are interested . The kit is a quality made kit .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.