Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

REVIEW:VFORCEJOHN STAGE 3 SPIDER MOD

23K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  ThaMule 
#1 ·
I decided to get the VforceJohn Stage 3 Spider Mod for my Brute 750i. Let me start by saying this is by far the best money spent on my quad. You want the best bang for your dollar for your quad this is your best bet, add a CDI and hang on you won't believe what you get. Let me tell you from my experience with Vforcejohn it is nothing but professional and straight up, this man is a mountain of information that is spot on. The turnaround time was fantastic I sent out the clutch 2-3 day priority mail on Wednesday and got it back the next Monday. All that needs to be done is pulling your primary clutch off and sending it in, with the proper tools it can be done in about a half an hour. I got a huge amount of low end added to the already powerful Vtwin engine. Doing wheelies is a breeze, even when rolling up to 20 mph.

Here is my speed test.
Before - After
300 feet
6.7-6.9 - 6.3-6.4
Top End
68mph - 71 mph

Now we need to take into consideration the fact that with a different and smaller driver the speeds are faster. AdirondackMan came to my home to test his Prairie 650 at the same time. With Jack running my quad he achieved 6.2 in 300 feet and top speed of 71 mph. I will have Jack test my quad the next time together but the moral of the story is weight(I am about 350 Jack is about 200). The VforceJohn clutch mod gave me performance gains that put me @150 pounds lighter. My guess would be with a lighter driver like Jack would get @ high to mid 5 seconds in 300 feet and @75 mph top end.
The hard part of the Brute in a drag race is the fact of the IRS gives to much and my weight transfer makes it hard not to wheelie when I launch. Straight axles are much better for drags.

My conclusion is you want some gains in performance don't hesitate to pm or call VforceJohn he will set you up nicely you won't regret it.

See less See more
#10 ·
VTprairie,

How is this mod doing? I have heard some negative about this mod. Are you having a problem going threw belts now? I would lie to do the mod but, don't want to start eating belts.

#11 ·
<div class='quotetop'></div>
VTprairie,

How is this mod doing? I have heard some negative about this mod. Are you having a problem going threw belts now? I would lie to do the mod but, don't want to start eating belts.[/b][/b]
As info,

I have a VFJ stage 3 primary, and lightened secondary. I have approximately 500 miles on the quad since having VFJ mod the clutches and am still on the same belt. These miles include some tough riding on snowy/ muddy roads (Tug Hill, NY SNIRT run 2x) and a fair amount of drag racing (both play and organized). I have had ZERO issues with the clutches, or my belt in that time. Only thing has been normal maintenance of adjusting the belt one time.

#13 ·
VTprairie,

How is this mod doing? I have heard some negative about this mod. Are you having a problem going threw belts now? I would lie to do the mod but, don't want to start eating belts.[/b][/b]
I personally haven't heard any negative about the mod but its been awesome for me drag raced it did an atv pull and all types of riding been nothing but satisfied the only thing I can think of is when its installed people aren't putting the belt at the right deflection and not getting the right belt life but that is true with or without the clutch mod
BEST BANG for your buck I think it gives you as much gain as a cdi or pretty close to it wouldn't hesitate to do it again

good luck and happy trails

#15 ·
I don't see how any performance enhancement would be a bad thing for mud riding, but I try to stay out of the deep stuff. Have rebuilt my motor once and that was enough for me. Still, I think it would help you spin the tires faster and that should be a good thing for the mud.

#16 ·
I don't see how any performance enhancement would be a bad thing for mud riding, but I try to stay out of the deep stuff. Have rebuilt my motor once and that was enough for me. Still, I think it would help you spin the tires faster and that should be a good thing for the mud.[/b][/b]

Agreed but I'm not sure where all he machines it and if it makes the belt looser at take off which could cause a problem smoking the belt in thick mud. I don't think that this is a problem but was just wondering.

#17 ·
he machines weight of the the clutchs and he changes the angle that the belt moves up on. as long as your belt is properly adjusted then its no diffrent then stock as far as belt slippage its right its right if its lose either way then its going to slip stock or not

#19 ·
You will not be disappointed. Also, you can figure on getting it back very quickly. John normally gets the work done the same day he receives it and gets it right back in the mail, to you, the next day.

#20 ·
Thanks VTprarie, I think I'm going to have this done during this winter when we are not riding much.[/b][/b]
you would be surprised how fast you got it if you sent it out monday I would almost bet you would get it back friday pm john when you want to do it and set it up with him good luck you will be lovin that upgrade

#21 ·
John recommends a maroon primary with the clutch mod. Does the weight reduction on the primary amplify the stall created by the maroon spring or is it about the same? Secondly, do you typically need to adjust the belt deflection when the vfj clutch is reinstalled? (I want to have the right tools available if I need to remove the secondary if necessary.)

#24 ·
I sir am a mud rider and It worked great for me.  Make sure you have the correct springs for those big tires though.  If you get in the thick stuff it will get kinda hard to keep the tires turning without the correct springs. 

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.