Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

REVIEW: FULL DALTON CLUTCH KIT

12K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Boloiii 
#1 ·
REVIEW: FULL DALTON CLUTCH KIT

I just had the DALTON clutch kit installed by my mechanic. I would have to say so far I like the seat of the pants feel. I had the almond and maroon EPI springs installed before. We went with just the DALTON Orange/blue with the weights...but did not install the rivets as instructed. Enagagment is a little higher but not bad (better then my Prairie with the red spring).

Here is what I can tell you so far...with my EPI springs, stock CDI, and 27 XTR's, it was hard to get the front end up in high range and low range was ok. With the DALTON kit I can wheelie ALOT eaiser so in my opionon the DALTON clutch kit gives more low end punch. I put my new CDI on with the kit and holy smokes Batman! HANG ON! It's AWESOME.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good review VTprairie! Some more useful information!

#3 ·
Is it true that clutch kits basicaly move power around. For instance an improvement on low end would mean loss of power on top end and or mid range? I looked at getting one but a friend of mine convinced me other wise. Im not to familiar with the subject. I'm pretty much interested in any modification that doesnt have me tearing into a brand spanking new motor.

#4 ·
the springs and weights will change your engagment of the tranny what it does as far as I can tell is that the Dalton kit does not effect top speed I believe its the secondary spring effects the topend and the primary efeects low end when I ran my almond secondary spring which lost some topspeed but the dalton kit kit uses the stock secondary spring so I wouldn't hesitate to get the Dalton kit you'll be impressed.

#5 ·
Did you do the install yourself or did you take it to a dealer? I prefer doing things myself to save money but i have zero knowledge of clutch assembly or how it works. My back ground is in cars not atv's. Also did you notice a loss of power in the midrange? I dont understand how a clutch kit makes the performance difference that people say since there is no additional horsepower. The only reason i can think of would be better grip leading to more instantaneous useable power but i really have no clue.

#6 ·
installing the primary is a snap but you need a comprasion tool for the secondary spring do a search on here about it some people have made a tool that does the trick I know AdirondackMan made his own and we have used it several times what size tires and such are you going to run on your quad and what are you looking for because depending on what you need or want it may be just a simple primary spring change out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.