Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

REVIEW: 25" ITP TERRACROSS TIRES ON SS106 RIMS

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BIGE 
#1 ·
REVIEW: 25" ITP TERRACROSS TIRES ON SS106 RIMS

THIS IS A GREAT TRAIL/RACE SET. ORDERED THIS SET ON MAY 12, 2007 from DICKS ATV! SHIPPING AND PACKING WAS GREAT. SPECIAL THANKS TO MIKE!

I know this review is late...but I wanted to get some good time on these tires. Now that I have some good time on them, here are my findings.

First off...I would like to say thanks again to Mike at Dicks again for the excellent service.

These things HOOK UP in just about everything better than any other 25" tire I ever tried. I believe it is due to the softer compound and awesome tread pattern together. On the rocks...they grab like glue. In the sand...they were great. On hardpack...they were great. In light mud and other slippery situations...they were flawless. On the trail and at high speeds...they were great. No wobbling either. I never went in any real deep mud so I never got stuck with these on. However, they did do suprisingly well in light mud. They even grab and throw chunks on wet grass!

However...that softer compound comes at a little price. They are more subceptable to punctures. I have one plug in one of my fronts on the side. Maybe whatever jammed a hole in there could have punctured any tire...hard to say. A lot of people say the Terracross' wear pretty quick. I do not find this as the case. Mine are holding up real well and have no excessive wear. Not a lot more than any other good tire I believe. Of course the real hard compound tires will hold up better, but they won't hook up as well. That is the tradeoff.

To me...the 25" Terracross are for the trail rider and the racer. I would own them again in a NY minute.

The rims have been flawless. I have seen no peeling of the black paint at all. I would buy them again.

my seal of approval as an awesome mod!

For anybody looking at this setup or wondering about it. I got mine Mike at Dicks. It's a purpose built tire IMO...racing or trail riding. Keep them out of the sticks and you'll be fine puncturewise. My puncture was my fault for "tanking" with these tires.

When in doubt...gas it! - Gearslayer

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.