Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Aluminum Products skid plates -A-Arm guards

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SWBF900 
#1 ·
I put Aluminum Products skid and A-arm guards on my 2016 Brute. They are 3/16 thick. I just used a floor jack and jack stands. The plates went on fairly easy, a 2nd set of hands would be helpful when putting on the main plate. But I did it by myself by using jack stands to hold the Brute, and the jack to lift the main plate. The bolt holes are indented, so the bolts won't take a direct hit. On the inside of the skid plate you do have to add spacers, basically thick aluminum washers, that are supplied. This can be challenging holding the spacers, and the skid plate, while trying to thread a bolt. Taping them together like a stack of coins is suggested in the directions and that is a good first step. I took it one step further and taped the spacer stack, or the single one, to the actual skid plate. I used duct tape. After you get the first bolt in, the 2nd ones are a lot easier.
The A-arm guards went on very easy. You use some existing holes and add a couple of brackets that are supplied. Overall I was very happy with this product. Pricing was competitive compared to other skid plates made out of aluminum and that were the same thickness. You replace almost all the bolts you take out, and obviously new ones are supplied.
I will say the stock skid plates and A-arm guards were pretty think cheap plastic. So I think the spend is worth it to protect the machine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.