Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Brute Cold Weather Mitts

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SWBF900 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought some Quadboss handle bar mitts at 38 bucks shipped to me to try on my 05 750. I tested them out today in 25 degree f weather with just my bare hands in the mitts riding. These mitts for the price did really well. My hands barely got a little cold after 40 minutes of riding. I didn't feel locked in to the mitts either - plenty of room. They slip over the bar ends/grips and then you pull the velcro strap around the bars to secure the mitts. Easy on - Easy off.

#2 · (Edited)
Think I'm going to have to get a set. Usually I am not a big cold-weather rider and have not geared-up for that much at all, but SWBF and a couple of friends on 850 XPs are and been talking about hitting the mountains when they get enough show. So...the price is right and they are on or off easy and probably just my regular winter gloves would be more then enough.

Now, what kind of snow/riding overalls do people recommend? I'm guessing water repellant would be good in snow and rain.

I was thinking of one of these:

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Mossi-Mens-Xtreme-1-piece-Snowsuit/6608761/product.html

#3 ·
Check out or PM mnchvgs79. On KR ,he said he give his away for free. Get one of the RZR dust mask,and no more freezing nose and mouth,but the mask takes a little getting used to. And with these mitts,you should only need like mechanics gloves at most. As for that snow gear you posted,looks like you may sweat a lot. I wear a wear guard winter jacket http://www.shoparamark.com/style?assort=adsweb_public_assortment&style=401 and Carrhart insulated bibs , Carhartt - Product - Men's Duck Bib Overall / Quilt Lined. with zippers from ankle to knees on each leg. Only thing that I need now for winter riding is Duck insulated boots.

#5 ·
Carhartt coveralls are great for cold weather riding. Also, make sure that you have warm boots. Cold feet can really spoil a good day of riding.

#6 ·
I've tried the hand slip-over bars protectors before and unless they have really changed for warmth, I threw mine away as my hands got way too cold even with gloves. Plus I felt they got in the way for atving.
I now use a pr of warm motorcycle gloves along with installing the wind adapters on my powermadd handguards.
I use a WindShear Thinsulate Cabela's Jacket and I still need to get the Pants in windshear as well. Presently I wear a pr of pants that are insulated, they do work well.
Don't do as much cold winter rides Like I have in the past but I do feel I am set-up enough in warm clothing to keep me comfortable.
Oh, the battery power socks work great too.

#7 ·
I may have to give them a try

#8 ·
dman66, your posting reminded me that I still needed some Windshear pants, ,so I got onto Cabela's last nite and ordered a pr of windshear pants that were on sale. Not only do these Windshear jackets and pants keep the wind out, they are also very warm. I used the windshear jacket on my Job as I worked outside 12 months out of a years, even in 50+mph winds, No winter cold wind penetrated the jacket. I also got another windshear jacket for my atving, same result-nice and warm/windshear protection. The Windshear jackets are on sale at Cabela's if you are interested.
Yrs ago I had a pr of battery powered heated Gloves, they too worked good but I wore them out and the newer battery power heated gloves should work even better.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/Mens-Outerwear-Sale%7C/pc/105625080/c/468239580/Cabelas-Hawktree-WindShear-Fleece-Jacket-Tall/1441768.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fmens-outerwear-sale%2F_%2FN-1110923%2FNo-96%3FWTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNP%26recordsPerPage%3D48&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat468239580

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.