Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

ROX Riser Kit for the Brute

9K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  NMKAWIERIDER 
#1 · (Edited)
Just finished installing this kit on mine. I was hoping for the bars to be several inches closer and slightly higher but that isn't the case. To set the bar grips where the old ones were you have to privet the risers slightly forward which makes the pad interfere with the pod so...no pad for me. And sense there was going to be no pad I set my TrailTech where I wanted it. Still, the feel is better.. sitting or standing..but I only moved it around the yard a bit. One good thing is the reduced angle does keep the bars away from your gut if you are running the EZ steer PS kit as they do turn much farther.

I'll do a ride report after the next ride. For now here some pics:

http://s483.photobucket.com/user/BFFreak_2008/slideshow/ROX%20Risers%20and%20Aero%20Tapered%20Bars

#3 ·
Looks good ....I like the way the voyager is mounted

#7 ·
Looks awesome NMK. And yes wash mine after every ride at least to get the loose mud, dirt,and rocks out of her.I'll be test riding my brute before hunting for the next two days......

#8 ·
Great job on the install. Looks really good. And.... yes, I am constantly amazed at how good your Brute always looks.:)

#10 ·
I have the old style of mounting kit of the Kawie Pod in front of the handlebars, like where you NMK have the trailtech mounted now.
I know I will miss my handlebar bag for one if I switch out to the ROX set-up, just another reason I haven't made the switch over.

#11 ·
Well, spent only about 2 hours today in the desert and sand with the new bars and risers. Tried several different positions and found one that works well for me.

They are solid, well made and despite my first impressions, are actually noticeably more comfortable then the stock setup. Two hours isn't much of a test but I can say my bad shoulder didn't complain. Is it a "Stellar" improvement? Can't say yet. Need more seat time.

#13 ·
Glad u r getting her dialed in! Get some more time on it and then ride a friends brute with the stock bars....it is horrific going back to the stock setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Are you sure?

I rode a 05BF750 with the Rox setup(CR High Bend with either 3" or 3 1/2" Risers, I don't recall) many yrs ago and it had WORKS G series shocks on it, I rode it over a 3 day ride off and on and I still am using my stock handlebars. That one had the older Pod mount too, it puts the instrument Pod just about the same place that NMK has his Trailtech GPS mounted.
That 3dayer did sell me on the aftermarket shocks.

#16 ·
NMK, How much taller are the grips now that you have it set to your liking? I have a long torso and always wished the bars were taller?

#17 ·
NMK, How much taller are the grips now that you have it set to your liking? I have a long torso and always wished the bars were taller?
Really they are no taller. If the risers were straight up and down with the stem, and the bar's up sweep were straight with that, it wound be about 7/8" taller. But because the bars are 19" swept back instead of the OE's 30, you have to swing everything to you to get the grips back where they were, and that drops the height. And because they are a couple inches wider, the controls are out a bit farther so you loose some slack in cables. It works...its not out of slack but I was thinking of getting a set of the 5" risers and gain some height and pull the bars back a little more to me...but I fear there isn't enough play in the controls for that. I suspect one could adjust a few things and get it though.

I was able to tweak a few things and make some new brackets for the Voyager today and get the pad on. Here's some pics:

With Pad Slideshow by BFFreak_2008 | Photobucket

#18 ·
Thats the one thing thats a liitle uncomfortable is I wish the grips were just a bit higher.

#20 ·
Ok, I guess I'll do my final report on these now that I have some seat time.

1. I like that fact that it has aided in shoulder stress problem. It doesn't bother me near as much which is what I bought it four.
2. I like that fact that the new angle doesn't turn far enough to turn the bar into my gut. The EZ Steet turns a lot farther and the stock bars would.
3. I like that the wider stance makes the turning ratio slower enough not to overrun the torque sensor of the EZ Steer.

DISLIKES:

1. I don't like that the straighter bars (19 Degrees over 30) make me sit closer to the airbox then the stock bars even as far back as I can make them swing.
2. In that position...as far back as possible, the bars are actually shorter then the stocks making you lean more forward.
3. I don't like where they mount the pod. I even made adaptors to mount it against the upper part or the risers which helps but you still have to look way farther down to read anything on it.
4 Not crazy about having to turn the bars all the way to one side to get the airbox lid off.

WISHES:
1. I wish they would be 2.5 " taller and I could bring them 3" more back. But there isn't enough slack in the cables for that.
2. I wish the pod and OE plastics could be mounted on these.

There you go.

#21 ·
I know that it is not the same, but I have to say that running 3" Rox Risers, with Pro Taper bars, is night and day better, on my Prairie, than the stock set up. My shoulders, and arms, would be beat after a full day of riding with the stock setup. I feel so much better after a full day's ride with the risers and Pro Taper bars.

#23 ·
I guess in all fairness I should say that if I didn't already have power steering, this setup would be a MUST on any manual steering system. The positions and the change is ratio would make riding long terms much more enjoyable. And that even with P/S, it did what I needed it to- take out the last stresses to my old and bad shoulder.

#24 ·
I wish some one would make some after market bars that would retain the pod plastics! ....

#25 ·
I wish some one would make some after market bars that would retain the pod plastics! ....
Me too. I have decided that with this power steering the ROX setup isn't the best choice for me. So if anyone would like a near new set for themselves I'll make someone a hell of a deal.

#29 ·
Are you trying to sell the Rox riser setup? How much do you want for it and can it be set up to gain a few inches in height? Did a nice all day trail ride on my brute and loved it except for the times when I wanted to stand and get after it. My back and legs were sore from hunching down...

#30 ·
Are you trying to sell the Rox riser setup? How much do you want for it and can it be set up to gain a few inches in height? Did a nice all day trail ride on my brute and loved it except for the times when I wanted to stand and get after it. My back and legs were sore from hunching down...
Sorry, Sold the ROX kit. Did put on a set of 2" risers on the stock bars and loved it. Puts them a little higher and a little farther back. Perfect for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.