Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

EZ-Steer EPS for the Brute

26K views 139 replies 13 participants last post by  NMKAWIERIDER 
#1 ·
Rode it a few hours yeterday. Loved it. This is what all older IRS Brutes needed.

Here's a..rather lengthy video review. Sorry. Cut 2.5 hours down to like 15 minutes. Kick it up to HD.

EZ Steer on Brute Test - YouTube

#49 ·
What part numbers do I need to order to install the eps onto my 05 brute 750? Or is there a kit I order?

#51 ·
Thanks!

#57 ·
are some deep slick ruts in the trails with the ez steer i can turn right out of them

#58 ·
Not so happy!

Something isn't right with mine, it doesn't like the speed range of 22 to 29, then 35 to 41, shakes the handlebars violently, really bad right at 25mph. If I hit a few pot-holes on the dirt road it goes back to the shakes at any speed. Even over 42 you can feel the handlebar moving left to right/right to left and see it doing it too.
So with that I really couldn't feel any difference with the PS on this Camping trip I went on, not all washed-out though, the Flyfishing was great!
I'll be calling superatv on Monday, hopefully they will have a Fix.

#59 ·
Superatv is sending me a new Module Controller, should be here next week.
I also have the ball joint for the steering stem ordered, it too should be here about the same time the MC comes in.
Sure don't care for the stabilizer bar off, the busted parts are also on order, looking forward to getting it back on too.

#60 ·
Sure don't care for the stabilizer bar off, the busted parts are also on order, looking forward to getting it back on too.
Kinda makes me worry a bit about mine now. As you know, I moved the mount points inward 2" to gain more articulation. It does that by changing the ratios and placing more force on the bar making it flex more. That also puts more force on those joints...and you snapped one just by laying on its side... so.. I might be putting it back.

#61 ·
Having the sway bar off made me think of my then Cat 04 650V2 as it never had a sway-bar and that was one heavy 4wheeler that really needed to control the body-roll.
I know others have removed the sway-bar from their Brutes but for fast trail rides I like to ride, I think it is best to have it there.

#64 ·
Got the order from Collegebikes Today, they sure ship fast.
Frt Plastics are off again, waiting for the Superatv Control Module, will get the sway bar back on Tuesday.
Boy, that lower steering bearing ain't cheap..

#66 ·
Well, took it out again last week with the EZ Steer upgrade kit and all my new front end parts. Pure pleasure, no issues except with my bad shoulder bitching at me after an hour. Ordered the Rox Riser set with the Aero Taper Fly bars. From what I read and hear from others, this is a far more comfortable position for the arms and upper body. Even VFJ likes the bars so how could I go wrong...lol

#67 ·
They are way better, just like your Elkas improvement.
I drove a Brute many yrs ago with the Rox riser/handlebar kit but I never like the pod mount.
I plan on doing this too this winter as I did nab the old style of the Rox Pod mount.
(it wouldn't take much to make a mount like the old style)

#68 ·
One thing I noticed on about every ride especially that last one with all the new parts was that over 50mph how sensitive the EZ Steer was at higher speeds. It doesn't become more sensitive, but the speed of the machine makes slight movements in the bars more extreme. Really have to watch your input. I am going to try something to help that. Because there is nothing I can do to make the unit adjust itself for the speeds, I am going to adjust the bike to be less reactive. To do that I an going to increase my toe-in from 2/32" to 1/8" (1/16" per side). This is still less then half of what the book says I can have and although will decrease the steering ease slightly, should help the high speed touchiness and make it less reactive to road conditions. I'll report the result as soon as I test it.

#69 ·
I was wondering about high speed oversteering with all the aftermarket power steering out there. Is this a problem with the newer machines with factory power steering? I just did 4 days of wrestling the brute through technical mountain trails, a ton of mud and snow and a whole lot of fast WOT runs. My arms and wrists are pretty tired. My shoulder is pretty strained I can barely pick up my one year old today. Ever since i had VFJ's stage 3 done Ive been considering a steering system. hehe! maybe he ought of put a warning on his website "Stage 3 will make your joints feel old" I do a lot of WOT runs and I'd hate to compromise control at higher speeds. Looking forward to your results with toe in.

08 750 brute , MSD w vfj tunes, Vfj stage 3clutch w spider mod and #1 springs, 27" mudlites on MSA Vice Beadlocks, 2" RDC lift, custom armor and bumpers. Chuck750 skid plate, 3"MIMB snorkel, MIMB Rad relocate, louder visions skull cup holder. 8 ball shifter
it's a trick!! Get an axe!!
tapatalk

#71 ·
It would be nice if it had an adjustment ... like 50%, 75%, etc.

#72 ·
i hardly do fast runs anymore but i know what you guys are talking about ,has any 1 tried to hook up the speed sensor wire that satv said not to hook up, i had had mine hooked for a couple of days before they said not to ,but never tried a high speed run with it , maybe we should all call satv an complain about the over steer input at high speeds an see if they will try to address the problem, before some one gets into a real bind

#73 ·
I did at first and took it for a run. I think it actually backed-off the sensitivity some but there were times when it would cut in and out. SuperATV said it was because of the input signal - the voltage or something was the wrong type for the processor. That video review I did on You Tube, near the end when I made that speed run you can see me wiggle the bars at speed and not see much reaction. That was with the blue hooked up. I sure can't do that now.

The more I dig into this system, the more I am finding that it was designed and set up for a Brute that has all its parts in spec and adjustments in spec. I know I set my toe-in for maximum reaction and least resistance for the manual steering and I know when I set the toe closet to what the book says (10mm+-) the less sensitive and reactive the steering was...but it did run true-er and straighter down straight roads and trails at high speeds...so I really feel like having your Brute in factory spec is the key here.

I'm going to give it a shot today...as soon as my shop warms up.

#75 ·
OK, got back. Spent about 2 hours kicking it around and trying different riser settings. YES, the 10mm toe-in made a big difference. Its still sensitive but at least now you can move the bars several inches above 50 without the feeling you are going to over-steer it and roll. Still OK on the tight trails.

So, no loose parts and the toe set to the book is the key on these.

#76 ·
Reading over on Nyrocs site the Suzuki KQ buyers are all fed-up with the EZ-Steer, didn't think I saw one happy user.
Other than a few issues on the Canned hams and they seemed to be fixed are there any problems showing up on the Brutes?
Also, the Nyroc site claims that Superatv has upgraded again their system to get rid of the play in the handlebars in the next couple of months, even when sitting still.
NMK, you ride more than most and have found solutions for better steering results but you seem very pleased with the EZ-Steer. Hopefully mine will be the same.

#77 ·
Reading over on Nyrocs site the Suzuki KQ buyers are all fed-up with the EZ-Steer, didn't think I saw one happy user.
Other than a few issues on the Canned hams and they seemed to be fixed are there any problems showing up on the Brutes?
Also, the Nyroc site claims that Superatv has upgraded again their system to get rid of the play in the handlebars in the next couple of months, even when sitting still.
NMK, you ride more than most and have found solutions for better steering results but you seem very pleased with the EZ-Steer. Hopefully mine will be the same.
I am happy with it. I've beat it pretty good on a few rides and it's hung in there. The more I ride, the more I am so glad to have it. We just need to get you out on a few so you can start to feel the same way.

#79 ·
No problems with mine an its been to hell an back several times its never had an easy ride ruts stumps an what ever gets in the way

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

#81 ·
An interesting side note: The other day after a ride I decided for the first time to pressure wash under the front plastics and the unit. When I turned the key on the unit motor hummed loudly and the bars twitched as if the control unit was telling the motor to go in both directions so I immediately shut the key off, pulled the fuse and drove it into the shop where I took the colure off and blew-out everything with an air hose. It then worked fine again so something isn't water proof under there and I think it has something to do with the torque sensor or wiring.

#82 ·
I'm dying (almost) to put EZ Steer on my BF750. Problem is they don't make one for the 2012. My dealer convinced me it wasn't needed (brand new rider I am) so...

If there are any 2012 riders interested SuperATV told me they're looking into making it for ours. If you would let them know you're interested they may move more quickly to get that done. You can contact them at sales@superatv.com.

I would really appreciate anyone letting them know we're interested in them getting that done.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.