Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

^^^^ Question about Snorkles on a Brute 750 ^^^^^^

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  roach1upkennels 
#1 ·
Is it really better for your belt to have a snorkle? I hear that you get major slipping if you get into some water, I don't swamp my bikes.... but if there is a creek that needs to be passed on a trail I don't wanna burn some stuff up. Thanks for any advice, again maybe water just above my 25's but not much more.

#2 ·
The biggest concern with water ingestion on the 750s is through the air box intake. Water in the CVT is never good either, which is why many people snorkel these things. You don't have to be a hardcore mudder to justify snorkels. I have them, and I mostly trail ride. But, I do ride through several creek crossings, and depths can be deceiving. You should get familiar with your intake location before trekking too deep.

#3 ·
The biggest concern with water ingestion on the 750s is through the air box intake. Water in the CVT is never good either, which is why many people snorkel these things. You don't have to be a hardcore mudder to justify snorkels. I have them, and I mostly trail ride. But, I do ride through several creek crossings, and depths can be deceiving. You should get familiar with your intake location before trekking too deep.
Thanks DLB I looked at the intake earlier, what type of snorkles are you running? Any pros or cons?

#4 ·
Or slow down a little when you hit the water. I've seen a 750 drowned out with water in the intake hitting 6 inch deep water crossings fast. I had mine in a river where my front bumper to exhaust was underwater and didn't get any in the intake or CVT, just went through it slow. No snorkle. Probably should so I would feel safer doing dumb stuff like that but it only happens once a year.

#5 ·
Right on, good avice... Thanks ;) I was looking at snorkle systems and I see to stay away from the ABS pipe and I can't seem to find a 3" system all that I find are 2" any ideas?

#11 ·
hell any plastic will get brittle over time , i have installed coustom snorkels on all kinds of machines over the past 6yrs, an still have the bike with the first set i made with no problems it sets out 99%of the time, all i use is abs ,an have to drive 60mi round trip to get it, had a ridding buddy come over an snorkel his kitty with white ,what a mess had to fit it an mark ,take it out put it back together ,paint let dry re mark ,take back apart glue an install, then touch up scared paint, my way of thinking is whoever said black gets brittle either, must own stock in krylon, or the company that makes valium, just my thoughts, have a good day all

#12 ·
hell any plastic will get brittle over time , i have installed coustom snorkels on all kinds of machines over the past 6yrs, an still have the bike with the first set i made with no problems it sets out 99%of the time, all i use is abs ,an have to drive 60mi round trip to get it, had a ridding buddy come over an snorkel his kitty with white ,what a mess had to fit it an mark ,take it out put it back together ,paint let dry re mark ,take back apart glue an install, then touch up scared paint, my way of thinking is whoever said black gets brittle either, must own stock in krylon, or the company that makes valium, just my thoughts, have a good day all
LOL right on, just what I read in reviews. So you haven't had any problems with the ABS ? Good to know, thanks ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.