Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

SPOT

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  17A 
#1 ·
Wife bought me one of these awhile back. Alot of us guys who go Dual Sporting use them. Its a satelite tracker that can send an " I am ok" message, " I need help" message or a message to 911. All messages give the receiver exact coordinates on your location. Another cool feature is that you can set up a tracking page so people can see where ya been in the last 24 hours. This is great for people like me who ride into areas with no cell service. Hit a button and it sends an email or text to whoever you put on the account to say you are ok or need help. the text and email arrive with a link to google maps with your location. I highly recommend it. LINK REMOVED

Here is a promo code also for the tracking service.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks very cool. How much do they run?

G
#4 ·
I have one of these and it's great. Use it on all my ATV expeditions and Kayak trips into the boonies. Sure gives peace of mind to know if you get in trouble you will have contact with the outside world. When I bought mine there was a rebate package on and I basically got my $169.00 Cad back that I paid for the Unit and only had to sign up for the two year subscription service at $99.00 US.

#5 ·
Hell no! I don't want my wife findin me! I go and get lost just to get away for awhile! Think how much beer you just wasted with that money....

G
#7 ·
I got the updated version SPOT2 this spring. Although I use it on ATV trips I use it primarily for Kayak trips when I go solo. The new version aquires satelites much quicker than the original and holds the signal better in deep woods. My original would loose the signal even under moderate tree cover cause they had a very weak chip in them. This was to give the machine a very long battery life. On the SPOT 2, the battery life is not as long but still very good. I added the tracking feature this time which is stupid. These things do not have a compass in them and all they do for tracking is drop a waypoint every ten minutes and then connect the dots. Looks unrealistic when it is displayed cause it appears as though you have driven over the tops of islands and cut corners etc. A GPS tracking will sense turns cause of it's compass and drop waypoints according to your parameters you have it set at. Get one, but don't add the tracking feature unless you do not care about realism.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.