Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Review:ehs racing lid

9K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  VTprairie 
#1 ·
Let me first start by saying working with Eric at EHS Racing has been nothing but topnotch. I received a Brute Force lid and deflector with Outerwears to try out on my 05 Brute Force 750i. The lid came already cut and drilled out. Assembly was quick and easy. As you can see from the pictures the finish looks awesome. I took my old lid off and installed my new one, then I hit the first problem. My new K&N filter was a tad too tall. I reinstalled my old TwinAir that I had before and it fit like a glove. This isn't the first time I had an issue with the K&N filter as I reviewed another product and it was a slight issue. For starters again this looks awesome on my quad. I blocked off the front of the air box so nothing would come in. The only air that is going in is through the top. A quick spin around the yard and she felt as strong as before I swapped the lids. No popping or backfires. I took it down the road, got it up to about 60 mph and she ran like a champ. I can still wheelie at anytime I want. I will be going to my local dealership, here in Vermont, and going to try it on a stock 650i, 750i. EHS Racing hopes are that on stock or modified Brutes that you can plug up the front of the air box and not have to re-jet your carbs or tune your EFI. Preliminary results are that you can. I will update after I try the other quads. Some notice the extra noise from the hole on top, but it really isn't that loud. I quickly got used to it. I also have a full Muzzys exhaust that may cover up some of it. What EHS Racing is trying to accomplish, is to design a lid to block off the front of the air box, that will take away the terrible design of the air box that most of us have experienced. This does not replace a snorkel, if you're doing deep mudding then stick to one of those. This product's purpose is to eliminate the "splash" that all Brute owners hate to have. I also believe your quad will breathe better and get less dust in the air filter. Eric at EHS Racing has hit a home run!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
REVIEW:EHS RACING LID

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Thanks for the review! Answered all my questions about it, now just want to know how it is on a stock machine.

Did it come with the little guard?

:bcrules:[/b][/b]
The guard is something new that Eric is working on. I believe I have the first one and from the looks of it, it should work great.

#5 ·

Excellent review VTprairie! Thx for putting in the time and effort to go through this. I will be waiting a little bit to see what your results are when you test it on a 650i which is what I have! I personally believe it will be the same. There hardly ever seems to be a difference between the two bikes! Keep us informed!

#6 ·

Do you know if it ships with the filter, if you have to buy it extra? And when it will start shipping... I am very interested.[/b][/b]
If you are asking about the Outerwears, yes it does. I also have an Outerwears on my main filter just for added protection.

#7 ·

Excellent review VTprairie! Thx for putting in the time and effort to go through this. I will be waiting a little bit to see what your results are when you test it on a 650i which is what I have! I personally believe it will be the same. There hardly ever seems to be a difference between the two bikes! Keep us informed![/b][/b]
Thank you hopefully I can get there this week.

#8 ·

If you are asking about the Outerwears, yes it does. I also have an Outerwears on my main filter just for added protection.[/b][/b]
I ment the guard, do you know if it will be included in the price with the lid or if its going to be extra.

And once again, thanks for the review.

#9 ·

I ment the guard, do you know if it will be included in the price with the lid or if its going to be extra.

And once again, thanks for the review.[/b][/b]
I believe it may be extra. I don't think Eric has them in full production yet. EHS Racing is a sponser here on the site shoot them a PM.

#10 ·

Deffinatly going to get one of those covers. Do you know when they are going to have more or is it a special order type of thing? Bassmaster on a stock brute it seemed to me it does wonders. I do have a aftermaket filter but I dont think that matters at all. There is some noise more like a growl that comes along with it but you do get used to it.

#11 ·

Just to give you an update I haven't actually installed the lid on any stock bikes. I am down at Vforcejohns getting my cams installed and dyno'd. He dyno'd the quad with the lid and the front plugged and my jetting was spot on. John looked at the numbers and was impressed. I asked John if this lid could be used on a stock machine without jetting, The 08 EFI should be no problem the EFI will correct the mixture that may change.He showed me what the mixture settings on the 08 Brute with the lid on then with the lid cracked and the air mixture was the same. On carb'd Brutes he believes that you may have to go up 1 jet size depending what elevation you are at. He also thinks that you can run it without jetting and just be a little lean so you could go without jetting if you wish. You just wouldn't get the performance gains. I got 2HP at the rear wheel on the dyno with the lid compared to stock form.I will install the lid on some stock bikes and give an update soon.

#12 ·
Get rid of this monkey sunshine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.