2013 brute 750 keeps going into limp mode - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old October 20th, 2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

2013 brute 750 keeps going into limp mode

I have a 13 brute 750 that keeps going into limp mode . I've replaced the belt and belt switch. I've took off my lights and radio . My battery is new , checked voltage sitting cranking and running all within specs. I'm not sure what else to do ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old October 20th, 2019, 09:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigten350 View Post
I have a 13 brute 750 that keeps going into limp mode . I've replaced the belt and belt switch. I've took off my lights and radio . My battery is new , checked voltage sitting cranking and running all within specs. I'm not sure what else to do ?

So..when it does this what lights are flashing on the dash? And when it does this what do you do to get it out of limp mode? Is the belt switch ever tripped?

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 8 Old October 20th, 2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

The cvt light flashes, and the belt switch is fine (isn't tripped) . I just do a belt light reset , and it goes back to normal then ride it and goes right back to limp mode with the belt light flashing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old October 20th, 2019, 11:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigten350 View Post
The cvt light flashes, and the belt switch is fine (isn't tripped) . I just do a belt light reset , and it goes back to normal then ride it and goes right back to limp mode with the belt light flashing
Take a good look into it's connector for any corrosion or broken terminal. Look also at all the pins on the ECU and the AC. For some reason the current stops flowing through that switch and if it does only for a split second, that error happens. Usually its a bad switch...but it can be a connection or some problem within the harness as well.
You can jumper the harness-side of the switch connector after the reset..do it with the key off... and if it quits, you know it's down there somewhere and if it does it again, its above somewhere.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #5 of 8 Old January 31st, 2020, 11:38 PM

I can't reset the CVT light. So, have about 95 hours on my atv, light came on when riding 4wd, I tried the reset procedure with the black and gray plugs ... nonluck. My warning light only blinks slow, reset never happens. I changed the belt even though original looked perfectly fine. ATV will not go I to 4wd and stays in limp mode..😖
post #6 of 8 Old February 1st, 2020, 10:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I can't reset the CVT light. So, have about 95 hours on my atv, light came on when riding 4wd, I tried the reset procedure with the black and gray plugs ... nonluck. My warning light only blinks slow, reset never happens. I changed the belt even though original looked perfectly fine. ATV will not go I to 4wd and stays in limp mode..😖
That means there is an actual problem that needs fixed. Maybe just a bad switch ir a problem with one actuator. Sounds like you need to take it in.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #7 of 8 Old February 2nd, 2020, 12:56 PM

Figured it out: in addition to swapping black and grey connectors as per instructions I also had to disconnect and reconnect two cable CVT connector located right above the clutch cover.

Obviously I checked the belt first and replaced it even though it looked fine.
post #8 of 8 Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Yep, many people forget that part of the reset procedure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > General Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode