Thinking about switching... - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old July 14th, 2019, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Thinking about switching...

Hey guys. I've come over here from grizzly central because I want your guys opinion. I have a 2007 grizzly 700 eps right now and kind of looking at selling it to get a used Polaris sportsman 850 but I've been looking around and kinda have an eye for a brute 750. Any complainys or concerns. I'm looking for more power. I have my grizzly set up for mud riding but kinda just looking for a trail rig that's good with hills, wheelies, and road riding around 50+ mph. My grizzly tos out at 55 with the shim in my clutch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old July 15th, 2019, 09:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by junoleroy21 View Post
Hey guys. I've come over here from grizzly central because I want your guys opinion. I have a 2007 grizzly 700 eps right now and kind of looking at selling it to get a used Polaris sportsman 850 but I've been looking around and kinda have an eye for a brute 750. Any complainys or concerns. I'm looking for more power. I have my grizzly set up for mud riding but kinda just looking for a trail rig that's good with hills, wheelies, and road riding around 50+ mph. My grizzly tos out at 55 with the shim in my clutch.

Well...this is Brute Central...lol...so we are a little one-sided. That being said the Grizz is and always will be one of the best built machines..but not the most powerful or fun.. sometimes. The Kawasaki is also very well built but with an eye on performance. Kawasaki, like Yamaha are slow to make changes and when they do, it's always for the best and long-haul. The last real updates to the Brute were done is 2015 with an advanced EFI and exhaust system that gets the best out of the V-twin all the time. I very much suggest you consider the 2015 or newer. You won't be disappointed.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 7 Old July 15th, 2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER View Post
Well...this is Brute Central...lol...so we are a little one-sided. That being said the Grizz is and always will be one of the best built machines..but not the most powerful or fun.. sometimes. The Kawasaki is also very well built but with an eye on performance. Kawasaki, like Yamaha are slow to make changes and when they do, it's always for the best and long-haul. The last real updates to the Brute were done is 2015 with an advanced EFI and exhaust system that gets the best out of the V-twin all the time. I very much suggest you consider the 2015 or newer. You won't be disappointed.
I figured it would be a little one sided but I wanted opinions from other places that grizzly central. The only worry I have with a brute is burning oil. The grizz is nice and well built but not as much power as I'd like. I am 15 almost 16 so therefore I don't really have the money for a 15 or newer. I'm looking at like a 12-13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old July 15th, 2019, 11:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by junoleroy21 View Post
I figured it would be a little one sided but I wanted opinions from other places that grizzly central. The only worry I have with a brute is burning oil. The grizz is nice and well built but not as much power as I'd like. I am 15 almost 16 so therefore I don't really have the money for a 15 or newer. I'm looking at like a 12-13

Well, Brutes don't burn any more oil then any other..even less if not abused. My 06 had well over 5000 miles on it and I changed it's oil every 7-800 miles. Always within a 16th of an inch of where it was on the last change.

The newer the better...however at 16, your money resources are in the "development" stage so...not sure a performance machine is the right fit for you at this time. Brutes are very well built but they also have the power to break things where others don't.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #5 of 7 Old July 15th, 2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER View Post
Well, Brutes don't burn any more oil then any other..even less if not abused. My 06 had well over 5000 miles on it and I changed it's oil every 7-800 miles. Always within a 16th of an inch of where it was on the last change.

The newer the better...however at 16, your money resources are in the "development" stage so...not sure a performance machine is the right fit for you at this time. Brutes are very well built but they also have the power to break things where others don't.
I know plenty about breaking things I'm looking to get more out of mud riding and more into a fast trail machine and road bike. I still want 4wd for working though. Was just curious of any complaints with a brute force

post #6 of 7 Old July 15th, 2019, 01:21 PM

No complaints, other than cooling. Radiator will need to be relocated if you are mud riding. I think Kawasaki could have done a better job of shrouding the radiator. I've had my '18 for 8 months and about 600 miles. No problems (that I didn't cause myself )

Fun ride!
post #7 of 7 Old July 15th, 2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys. Thanks for the replys. I'm trying to get out of mud riding so cooling should not be a problem. Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > General Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode