Steering performance - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old April 3rd, 2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Steering performance

So I'm not sure if anyone else has had an issue like this. But I felt my Brute just didn't steer well. It's still pretty new under 1,000 miles. I rode my buddies 2017 Rubicon and it steers and handles great compared to mine. We both have Big Horn Radial tires, and power steering. So I decided to take the wheels off and adjust the tie rods in. They connect in the back so that forces the wheel out. I did one turn on each side. Seems to be better, but until I ride my buddies Rubicon and he rides mine, I won't know for sure.

2016 Brute Force 750. Maxiss Big Horn tires, LED light bar, Aluminum Products Skid plates/ a-arm guards, Koplin rear box.

2014 Teryx 2,

2016 900 RZR S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old April 3rd, 2019, 10:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodMan View Post
So I'm not sure if anyone else has had an issue like this. But I felt my Brute just didn't steer well. It's still pretty new under 1,000 miles. I rode my buddies 2017 Rubicon and it steers and handles great compared to mine. We both have Big Horn Radial tires, and power steering. So I decided to take the wheels off and adjust the tie rods in. They connect in the back so that forces the wheel out. I did one turn on each side. Seems to be better, but until I ride my buddies Rubicon and he rides mine, I won't know for sure.
That's how you adjust your toe..and one turn each is a lot of change. You could be way out of spec now. I believe the spec is 10mm +- so anywhere between 0 and 10mm toe-in is correct. Otherwise it will handle like hell.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 3 Old April 8th, 2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER View Post
That's how you adjust your toe..and one turn each is a lot of change. You could be way out of spec now. I believe the spec is 10mm +- so anywhere between 0 and 10mm toe-in is correct. Otherwise it will handle like hell.
I put about 50 miles on he on the last trip in TN. It does handle better, or no worse than before. I should have switched with my buddy who was riding the Rubcion but didn't get a chance to do it. As for the 1 turn that's the least you can do on the tie rod end as it has to point down to go through the knuckle. I supposed you could take the entire tie rod off and then loosen both ends and rotate the shaft to do less. But unless one end is counter threaded then as you turn the shaft one side goes in, the other goes out. But I haven't had it apart that far so I don't know.

Getting the front wheels aligned is tough unless you have the right equipment. Don't get me wrong, there are video's on youtube using strings and all kinds of stuff. but to get it inside 10mm without the right equipment will be tough.

2016 Brute Force 750. Maxiss Big Horn tires, LED light bar, Aluminum Products Skid plates/ a-arm guards, Koplin rear box.

2014 Teryx 2,

2016 900 RZR S

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > General Forums > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode