Need suggestions for 06 650 sra - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old October 4th, 2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hello folks. I have an 06 650 sra. It currently has stock wheels with Artrax Countrax tires on it. I primary use this machine at slow speeds around my land, plowing snow. However, I am on my first atv trail ride and am finding the front tires are shaking the crap out of my steering. I have seen this issue before, actually did a frame swap since it was bent thinking that would fix my issue, and it did nothing. I blocked up the machine, and between the wheels and tires, they are out of shape causing a shake. I’d like to get a new set of wheels and tires to use for higher speed trail useage. And I’ll throw these Countrax set back on for plowing. Are there any folks here that could recommend a set? Don’t need top dollar wheels, as this isn’t a new machine. The trails we are riding are a mixed bag of sand, gravel, rocky, and my first run through water up to the headlights.

Thanks everyone

2006 Brute Force 650 SRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old October 4th, 2019, 10:21 AM

Garage
So many good all around tires out there these days. Need to replace all of them though. I might lean toward a GBC Dirt Commander or ITP Terracross. For wheels, as you have an SRA, the offsets and lug pattern are different then would be on an IRS but ebay might be a good place to start. ITP also have some cheaper steel wheels that might work as well.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 6 Old October 5th, 2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the suggestions. I’d like to get new rims as well. Doesn’t look like there are any available in the stock size. Is there a vendor in this forum that can help out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER View Post
So many good all around tires out there these days. Need to replace all of them though. I might lean toward a GBC Dirt Commander or ITP Terracross. For wheels, as you have an SRA, the offsets and lug pattern are different then would be on an IRS but ebay might be a good place to start. ITP also have some cheaper steel wheels that might work as well.

2006 Brute Force 650 SRA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old October 5th, 2019, 11:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat_freak View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I’d like to get new rims as well. Doesn’t look like there are any available in the stock size. Is there a vendor in this forum that can help out?
You will find wheels in the stock size, 12", but never find the stock offset. You will have to settle for "close". ITP has a wheel guide that can help. From that guide I extracted this on the cheaper steel wheels for your SRA. It will have the correct bolt pattern and offsets for front and rear. From it you can hunt other makers and ebay.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube

Last edited by NMKAWIERIDER; October 5th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old October 5th, 2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Looks like stick size is 12x6 for the front and 12x7.5 for the rear. What’s the inch wider in the front going to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER View Post
Quote:
You will find wheels in the stock size, 12", but never find the stock offset. You will have to settle for "close". ITP has a wheel guide that can help. From that guide I extracted this on the cheaper steel wheels for your SRA. It will have the correct bolt pattern and offsets for front and rear. From it you can hunt other makers and ebay.

2006 Brute Force 650 SRA
post #6 of 6 Old October 5th, 2019, 08:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Looks like stick size is 12x6 for the front and 12x7.5 for the rear. What’s the inch wider in the front going to do?
Nothing. You can buy 12x6s and 12x7s if you want though. It will be tough to match-up the offsets so the outside wheel edges are the same.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Tire & Wheel Combos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode