Need Help on Tires - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old April 9th, 2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Need Help on Tires

I recently purchased a used 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750D at an auction for $800. The original owner, some kid, said motor was blown. I took it home and it was just in limp mode. Couple secs of re-configuring the cables and it runs like a champ! lol. Anyways it was used for Muddy Bottoms. I have no interest in mud riding. It has rear tires 28x12.5x12 on all four rims. I need to change to something more for just cruising around my pasture. Any suggestions on what I can change too that are good tires for just general use without the four wheeler looking retarded??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3806.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	6661  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old April 9th, 2019, 03:10 PM

Garage
Welcome. Well, first..the guy was an idiot for putting 12.5" wide tires on it anywhere especially the front. It is well known that anything over 10"s is a killer of front end parts as well as...the Brute just doesn't have the weight for a tire like that...unless you plan on needing the flotation they give for deep water and mud. So lets go back to what the Brute likes the best. 11" wide max on back and 9" wide max on front. And if you trail ride...and you are serious about it, then 26" tall is as far as you want to go. Any more and you loose nimble-ness and much power. If you want the right wheels width, then try to stay 2-3"s narrower then the tire on both or as close to that as possible. The Brute also like radial tires so I suggest those be on your list. One other option is to go with a 10" wide tire on a 7 or 8" wide wheel all the way around. That works. Remember though that on all IRS machines, the first number of the offset must be larger or equal to the second number...like 5+3,4+2, 4+3, 4+4 and so on. Good luck...I hate tire shopping. So much research, so may reviews...

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 4 Old April 9th, 2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for my ignorance but what does this mean exactly- Remember though that on all IRS machines, the first number of the offset must be larger or equal to the second number...like 5+3,4+2, 4+3, 4+4 and so on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old April 9th, 2019, 04:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkeough View Post
Sorry for my ignorance but what does this mean exactly- Remember though that on all IRS machines, the first number of the offset must be larger or equal to the second number...like 5+3,4+2, 4+3, 4+4 and so on
If you research wheel offsets you will find there are two different ways they list it but basically you have a wheel with a certain distance between the inside edge of each bead..lets say 7". This is what they mean by 12x"7" or 14x"7" wheel. How much it sticks in and out from the mating surface..where it mounts to the hub, is called offsets. When using the most often used in the ATV world's way of measuring, the first number is how much of that 7" goes inward from the mounting surface. The second number is how much of that 7"..or what ever the wheel's width is, sticks out from that mounting point. For example, on a typical 7" wheel you might put on a Brute, you would see offset numbers like 4+3 or 5+2. Both equal the 7. OK? This vid also might help.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Tire & Wheel Combos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode