Fuel Delivery Issue??? - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old August 12th, 2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Delivery Issue???

I am new tho this forum and new to the brute. I have had numerous dirt bikes and other ATVs over the years so I am familiar with how they work. Picked up a 2012 brute 750 a few days ago. I could not open it up with a test drive at the dealer...15 mph max...kinda of hard to test anything at that speed. But it was a steal of a price and I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, did fine in their parking lot, got it home and it performed great in my yard. Today I took it out to our riding area and it was awesome for the first 10 minutes, then it started to sputter and back fire...acted like it wasn't getting fuel. Thought it was a over heat issue. Let it sit for about an hour and tired it again...same thing...when I hit the throttle in neutral it just falls on its face. It sure seems like a fuel issue...plugged filter? Bad fuel pump? Any advice would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old August 13th, 2018, 10:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsmalls View Post
I am new tho this forum and new to the brute. I have had numerous dirt bikes and other ATVs over the years so I am familiar with how they work. Picked up a 2012 brute 750 a few days ago. I could not open it up with a test drive at the dealer...15 mph max...kinda of hard to test anything at that speed. But it was a steal of a price and I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, did fine in their parking lot, got it home and it performed great in my yard. Today I took it out to our riding area and it was awesome for the first 10 minutes, then it started to sputter and back fire...acted like it wasn't getting fuel. Thought it was a over heat issue. Let it sit for about an hour and tired it again...same thing...when I hit the throttle in neutral it just falls on its face. It sure seems like a fuel issue...plugged filter? Bad fuel pump? Any advice would be appreciated!
If it runs good for a short while then acts up, loosen the gas cap and try it again. If it's fixed, its a stick tank vent check valve. Just replace it. Common problem. People tend to fill them to the top and that lets the check get wet..then it gets soft...then it drys out it sticks shut. That plastic piece in the tank fill neck is the gauge. Just fill it to the bottom it it and you will never have a problem. Learned my lesson long ago.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 8 Old August 13th, 2018, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply!

I had already tried the gas cap trick, no go. I checked the tank check valve today and it is good...can blow through it and I pulled it completely off and still had the bog issue. Damn thing starts and idles great, just starts to fall down at higher RPM's which makes me thing fuel pump. There are no dummy lights on or codes thrown. Is there anything else I should be checking before I start going checking the fuel pump pressure?

If this did go out after 10 minutes of me riding it, the dealership is not going to like me very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old August 13th, 2018, 08:56 PM

Garage
Can always test it.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #5 of 8 Old August 13th, 2018, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

The air filter was pretty filthy. Took it off and the dead spot moved from the 1/4 throttle on to about the 3/4 throttle on. It doesn't look like this machine had much maintenance...I need to check valve clearance. Now it acts like it's dumping to much fuel and flooding.
post #6 of 8 Old August 14th, 2018, 09:05 AM

Garage
Sounds like it needs a full servicing...then see if it needs anything.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #7 of 8 Old July 6th, 2019, 05:58 PM

Make sure both cylinders firing mine done same thing bad ignition coil on rear cylinder
post #8 of 8 Old July 6th, 2019, 05:59 PM

Fuel injected it's not gonna sdump but what it's told to

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode