2015 Brute Force 750 EPS Severe Steering Problem - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old July 4th, 2018, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
md.

2015 Brute Force 750 EPS Severe Steering Problem

Hopefully i posted this in the right section.

I have a 2015 brute force 750 EPS i bought brand new in 2016, recently ill say 8-12 months i have been having a steering problem. When at speed i would have trouble turning left or right, it seemed the steering wanted to always go back to center, this problem was intermittent. I rode like this a few times for a few months, I took a look at my front wheels and they were both pretty toed in so i did a wheel alignment thinking it would help.

It "seemed" to help, didnt seem as bad of steering problem. At speed it would seem i only had difficulty turning right, i would turn the handle bars right and it would go but then it felt like it would hit a barrier and rebound back i would try to turn harder and it would just rebound off that "barrier" it would hit and come back, back & forth, back & forth for as long as i turned left. It would seem if i used all my strength & turned it past that barrier that it would get past that point and be normal for a bit. Getting really annoying & scary to drive. Was like that a few rides over a few months.

Now the last ride i took. Problem was still intermittent & seemed to be the right turn situation i mentioned above. Was quadding all day back in the bush had zero problems. Then it started acting up really badly. I would try to turn right, slow speed, fast speed didnt matter it would feel like that barrier and would rebound then try to turn left, same story. I would try to turn left or right as hard as i possibly could going down the trail. I could turn it like 1/4 turn in each direction and would end up going straight off the trail having to back up and reset. Thought wow this will be a slow quad ride back home with legitimately not being able to turn left or right at all. Thought i would try pulling the fuse for the EPS pulled the fuse EPS light came on, problem didnt change. Put fuse back in EPS light goes off.

While trying to limp home over an hour quad ride back i got 10/10 pissed and turned the handlebars as hard as i possibly could to the right as far as they should go, i think i heard a click, did the same thing but to the left this time & again i think i heard a click. Boom problem fixed i could cruise down the trails taking turns left and right and sharp of turns as i wanted without a problem. Working like it should, no effort to turn the bars.

Now still on flat land at moderate speeds when i try to turn right its not easy like it is to the left.

I need help on what this might be, Is it the EPS actuator itself ? because thats a 1400$ part (ridiculous) is there a way to test it? or fix it. & im guessing since my 1 year factory warranty is out that Kawasaki wouldnt pay to have this replaced

Could it be the front axles ? I noticed the CV boot on my left axle (Outer boot) has a rip in it. Could this be causing the problem. ?

Is there anything else to check. ?

Tie rods/ends are tight.

I appreciate any help, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old July 4th, 2018, 09:39 AM

Garage
I can say that there were some main box or torque sensor issues with some in that year range. The only cure was a new main unit. I would take it in to your dealer and let them test it. May also be a control unit failure. I assume you have checked all the plugs and connections for water intrusion or corrosion.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 5 Old July 5th, 2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
md.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER View Post
I can say that there were some main box or torque sensor issues with some in that year range. The only cure was a new main unit. I would take it in to your dealer and let them test it. May also be a control unit failure. I assume you have checked all the plugs and connections for water intrusion or corrosion.

i have not checked the connectors for corrosion i will do that tho, thanks for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:25 PM

Bumping this thread, having the SAME EXACT issues with my brand new 2017 BF 750EPS (not even through the 20 hr break-in period). Did you ever find a solution??

Mine rode great the first few hours, around the 18 hour mark the steering started acting up intermittently- sometimes little 'twitches', sometimes so violently i ended up off the trail. At times it is impossible to turn handlebars without yanking it and throwing all weight into it.. feels like you're fighting the EPS motor.

Machine is still under warranty, and I have taken it to 2 different dealers that both claim to 'not be able to duplicate the problem' Unsure of where to go from here, my next call is to kawasaki after work today. Any help or advice appreciated

Last edited by nickotto04; January 4th, 2019 at 09:25 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickotto04 View Post
Bumping this thread, having the SAME EXACT issues with my brand new 2017 BF 750EPS (not even through the 20 hr break-in period). Did you ever find a solution??

Mine rode great the first few hours, around the 18 hour mark the steering started acting up intermittently- sometimes little 'twitches', sometimes so violently i ended up off the trail. At times it is impossible to turn handlebars without yanking it and throwing all weight into it.. feels like you're fighting the EPS motor.

Machine is still under warranty, and I have taken it to 2 different dealers that both claim to 'not be able to duplicate the problem', and have been absolutely no help. No parts swapped out, no testing done on electrical components..only checked electrical connections by dealer. Unsure of where to go from here, my next call is to kawasaki after work today. Any help or advice appreciated
I would call Kawasaki directly. Tell them what's going on. Here's the link:

https://www.kawasaki.com/ownersuppor..._-OWNERSUPPORT

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode