2012 750 EFI won't run past idle - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old November 29th, 2017, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

2012 750 EFI won't run past idle

My 2012 750 brute force started losing power, not running past 30 mph, and on long runs would keep losing power until it would only run 10 mph. Now, it won't run past idle. I tried replacing fuel pump with an aftermarket one on ebay. At first nothing changed, so knowing nothing else to do I took it back apart and put it back together. Oddly enough, it ran up to 25-30 mph for a while but over time regressed to the same situation. Haven't checked the vent check valve but I have loosened the fuel cap while running and doesn't change anything. Pretty sure not getting fuel. Sometimes it will not start until I hear the fuel pump turn off, then it will start. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old November 30th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750rider View Post
My 2012 750 brute force started losing power, not running past 30 mph, and on long runs would keep losing power until it would only run 10 mph. Now, it won't run past idle. I tried replacing fuel pump with an aftermarket one on ebay. At first nothing changed, so knowing nothing else to do I took it back apart and put it back together. Oddly enough, it ran up to 25-30 mph for a while but over time regressed to the same situation. Haven't checked the vent check valve but I have loosened the fuel cap while running and doesn't change anything. Pretty sure not getting fuel. Sometimes it will not start until I hear the fuel pump turn off, then it will start. Any ideas?
Well, first, I would confirm that the pump pressure is low or not. Also run the tests suggest in the trouble shooter in the manual cause it could also be a voltage or power issue.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 4 Old November 30th, 2017, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Haven't bought or downloaded a service manual yet so not sure on specs but teed a gauge into the fuel line and started it up. Ran 35 psi at idle and steadily drops to 8 psi near full throttle. Seems to start cutting out when psi gets to 12. Also seems to bleed off pretty fast when I shut it off but not sure if that's normal. I will also check voltage as you mentioned to see if there's a power problem. Mechanic at dealer was friendly about giving me specs last time my stator went out so I will visit with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old July 6th, 2019, 06:08 PM

It should have 43 pds fuel pressure running

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in