What Have You Done For Your Brute Today ! - Kawasaki Brute Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1093 Old October 13th, 2010, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What Have You Done For Your Brute Today !

From another popular site this kind of thread gives everyone a place to post something thay just got done doing for their machines. Even if you just fired it up or washed it, POST IT!!

I'll start

Fitted my new Moose Dual Gasser Throttle on the bar today. Looks good...works great!. Can't use my new ODI grips so ordered a set of Pro Grip 793s. Also ordered a set of Douglas Quadrasport rims from Dicks ATV for that extra set of tires I have. Here's some pics. I did order the gray and black grips though.

I'm moving the 4wd drive switch to the left side replacing the override button with an HD stainless push on/off. I wanted a double pole switch so I could have the override and the 4wd and the only one that fit the size and type is made in England. Its on its way. And to make it water proof, the special cap has to come from Japan (wouldn't you know). That also is on its way. Pics? OK, here ya go.

Ok, your turn. Remember...we love pics and vids.
Brett750 and BrianDanger like this.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube

Last edited by NMKAWIERIDER; October 13th, 2010 at 10:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1093 Old October 13th, 2010, 03:03 PM

That switch swap is going to be an intersting mod to follow. I've been looking for a water proof push button switch. I did a garage door opener mod on a street bike I used to have. I've been thinking about doing something similar on the Brute but knew I needed a water proof switch. That may be the answer.

I walked through the garage and looked at my Brutes on the way to work this morning....wondering when i'll get a chance to ride again.

2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NORTH STAR HVAC edition (Velocity Blue) 3" SATV lift, 28" STI Chicanes on MSA Beadlocks, 5000lb Viper Max winch, SATV rear Roll Bar, SATV rear Bumper, 13.25 LED front light bar, 4" LED rear light cubes, horn, In-dash garage opener.

2010 750i Brute (CAMO)
26"Big Horns on ITP 312's, Viper Max 4000lb winch, Kawi rack extentions, Voyager GPS/gauges, Rogue grips, EPI Pink primary-Almond secondary

SOLD -'08 750i Brute (TEAM GREEN)
post #3 of 1093 Old October 13th, 2010, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolwizard View Post
That switch swap is going to be an intersting mod to follow. I've been looking for a water proof push button switch.
I don't know about you but for me finding that nutral position on the throttle...you know, no excel or decel and under 12mph, then flip that rocker switch, then get back on the throttle just right has always been a pain in the azz. I was sitting on it the other day thinking about where to mount the switch after the new throttle and it hit me..then it tryed a few dry runs and it made perfect sence...it should have always been there for the left thumb. And why in hell would we ever need a reverse override anyway.? Who would be that poor of a rider to nail a Brute in reverse. With the Dynatek CDI, its gone anyway. I'm going to hook it up with the new switch as someone may put the stock CDI back in someday it it would be nice if it worked...and I figured if you need the override...you probably need the 4wd too so kill two birds with one stone.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 1093 Old October 13th, 2010, 10:54 PM

man we are going to need pics as soon as you are done with this mod. because i am next in line

No problem to big or to small that cant be solved by use of high explosives U.S.M.C. 1371
post #5 of 1093 Old October 13th, 2010, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupman250 View Post
man we are going to need pics as soon as you are done with this mod. because i am next in line
I have already unsoldered the wires from the rocker and re-routed them to the other side. Plenty of slack. Looks like I can work the grommet out on that wire bundle and with almost no sweat, work these right in and reinstall the grommet. Just waiting for everything to get here now.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #6 of 1093 Old October 14th, 2010, 02:36 PM

Walked past the Brutes again this morning on my way to work. I noticed the Lime has a leaking rear seal . Last time it was replaced under warranty. I guess I'll do it myself this time. I hope it's not leaking too bad and can wait a little while as I still want to get a couple rides in before the cold weather starts. Besides, I just changed the oil. I'll check it out better when I get home.

2017 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 NORTH STAR HVAC edition (Velocity Blue) 3" SATV lift, 28" STI Chicanes on MSA Beadlocks, 5000lb Viper Max winch, SATV rear Roll Bar, SATV rear Bumper, 13.25 LED front light bar, 4" LED rear light cubes, horn, In-dash garage opener.

2010 750i Brute (CAMO)
26"Big Horns on ITP 312's, Viper Max 4000lb winch, Kawi rack extentions, Voyager GPS/gauges, Rogue grips, EPI Pink primary-Almond secondary

SOLD -'08 750i Brute (TEAM GREEN)
post #7 of 1093 Old October 14th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Was swapping my tires/ rims the other day (finally got around to pulling off my drag racing set) and noticed my front brake pads are looking thin. My neighbor's BF650 pads are down to nothing. So, I ordered up two sets, off of ebay, and will be replacing some brake pads on the BF650 and my Prairie w/in the next few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brakes.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	2926  

'14 AC Wildcat Trail XT - My new ride...
'03 Prairie 650 - BKP 730 kit with 2X trail/race cams, MW oil cooler, DG Snorkle and EHS air box lid, Twin Air proflow filter, Rox Risers, Pro Taper bars, Works struts, VFJ Stage 3 spider mod clutch, lightened secondary, Goodyear MT/R's on Douglas Rattlesnakes, full Muzzy - SOLD, but will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart!
post #8 of 1093 Old October 14th, 2010, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondack Man View Post
Was swapping my tires/ rims the other day (finally got around to pulling off my drag racing set) and noticed my front brake pads are looking thin. My neighbor's BF650 pads are down to nothing. So, I ordered up two sets, off of ebay, and will be replacing some brake pads on the BF650 and my Prairie w/in the next few days.
Nice! Mine are gett'n there too. What thay cost you?

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #9 of 1093 Old October 14th, 2010, 10:33 PM

Cheap. $22.45 and that was for the left, and right, sets! Shipping was free. They are sintered metal and should work fine. I tend to stay out of the deep muck, so my pads generally last me 600+ miles of riding. When I used to play in the mud, I sometimes only got 300 - 400 miles out of my pads.

'14 AC Wildcat Trail XT - My new ride...
'03 Prairie 650 - BKP 730 kit with 2X trail/race cams, MW oil cooler, DG Snorkle and EHS air box lid, Twin Air proflow filter, Rox Risers, Pro Taper bars, Works struts, VFJ Stage 3 spider mod clutch, lightened secondary, Goodyear MT/R's on Douglas Rattlesnakes, full Muzzy - SOLD, but will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart!
post #10 of 1093 Old October 14th, 2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondack Man View Post
Cheap. $22.45 and that was for the left, and right, sets! Shipping was free. They are sintered metal and should work fine. I tend to stay out of the deep muck, so my pads generally last me 600+ miles of riding. When I used to play in the mud, I sometimes only got 300 - 400 miles out of my pads.
Wow...I'm at 2600 and still on the originals...but...thay are about gone now.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode