Still no power above half throttle - Please! Iíll try anything!! - Kawasaki Brute Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still no power above half throttle - Please! Iíll try anything!!

Iím dyin over here. 2011 BF750 No power above half throttle after it runs for a min - not a fuel vent issue - no FI light flashing.
Idles very smooth, starts right up - seems to have gotten a little worse, Last weekend it would take 5-10 mins to run shitty. Top speed is 28mph. Light Poppin through intake light poppin through exhaust.

Fresh top end with complete valve job
Double checked valve lash
80 psi compression
Fuel pressure 43psi (even tried another fuel pump)
Cam timing double checked (rear cam first at TR line, clockwise 270 to TF then front cam)
Ignition timing checked at idle with timing light
Tried belt reset (light wasnít on but Iím willing to try anything)
Injectors ohm 12.1 each
New air filter
Spark plugs are only a few hours old.
I killed ignition while riding WOT for about 20 seconds and plugs lightly rich, very lightly.
Crankshaft sensor checks good
Exhaust is clear.

From what i read in the manual, if the FI light isnít flashing a code, then all components attached to it are operating normally.
Any ideas??? HEELLLLLLP!!!!!!
Mikeyairplane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 05:41 PM
 
NMKAWIERIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 13,155
Thanks: 5
Thanked 695 Times in 647 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyairplane View Post
Iím dyin over here. 2011 BF750 No power above half throttle after it runs for a min - not a fuel vent issue - no FI light flashing.
Idles very smooth, starts right up - seems to have gotten a little worse, Last weekend it would take 5-10 mins to run shitty. Top speed is 28mph. Light Poppin through intake light poppin through exhaust.

Fresh top end with complete valve job
Double checked valve lash
80 psi compression
Fuel pressure 43psi (even tried another fuel pump)
Cam timing double checked (rear cam first at TR line, clockwise 270 to TF then front cam)
Ignition timing checked at idle with timing light
Tried belt reset (light wasnít on but Iím willing to try anything)
Injectors ohm 12.1 each
New air filter
Spark plugs are only a few hours old.
I killed ignition while riding WOT for about 20 seconds and plugs lightly rich, very lightly.
Crankshaft sensor checks good
Exhaust is clear.

From what i read in the manual, if the FI light isnít flashing a code, then all components attached to it are operating normally.
Any ideas??? HEELLLLLLP!!!!!!

Ok, and what is the battery voltage before starting and after, and at 3500 rpm? What is the coil voltages?

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
NMKAWIERIDER is online now  
post #3 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
12.3 before start, 13.9-14 at idle and at high rev (no tach). voltage to coil 13.9 while running
Mikeyairplane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 05:56 PM
 
NMKAWIERIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 13,155
Thanks: 5
Thanked 695 Times in 647 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyairplane View Post
12.3 before start, 13.9-14 at idle and at high rev (no tach). voltage to coil 13.9 while running
Well, that too is OK. Have you done a leak-down test to see if there are any leaking valves? Is it possible you have a stuck ..or leaking injector? I think you said one plug looks sooty.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
NMKAWIERIDER is online now  
post #5 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I havenít done a leak down test, I can try that. What we did have happen was the compression release on the rear cyl stuck (Flyweights out) and I got 190 psi in the rear, then it stuck on the front and I got 180. Iíd have to say thatís a pretty tight top end! Pretty sure it was coincidence being it all happened while we were working on it. Subsequent checks were 80psi.
Mikeyairplane is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leak down check seems good. Put 90 psi in both cyl. No noise from air box, exhaust or dipstick.
Both plugs are lightly sooty, not black, but not nice and tan.
Mikeyairplane is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 08:21 PM
 
NMKAWIERIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 13,155
Thanks: 5
Thanked 695 Times in 647 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyairplane View Post
Leak down check seems good. Put 90 psi in both cyl. No noise from air box, exhaust or dipstick.
Both plugs are lightly sooty, not black, but not nice and tan.
So something's up with fuel ratios or timing.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
NMKAWIERIDER is online now  
post #8 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Agreed. Any ideas on how or what to check? I’m out of ideas. How can mixture be so far off on an efi system with no fault light indication? I hate to take it to the stealer so they can just throw parts at it until ir runs. Very frustrating.
Mikeyairplane is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
By the way... thank you for your input so far!!!
Mikeyairplane is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old February 11th, 2020, 09:15 PM
 
NMKAWIERIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 13,155
Thanks: 5
Thanked 695 Times in 647 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyairplane View Post
Agreed. Any ideas on how or what to check? Iím out of ideas. How can mixture be so far off on an efi system with no fault light indication? I hate to take it to the stealer so they can just throw parts at it until ir runs. Very frustrating.

I hesitate to say it because it's rare..but..she might have a bad ECU. But lets check for leaking injectors first as well as double-dog check the valve timing cause..without the comp releases your numbers are a bit high for stock compression..hell they are high for 12:1s...lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyairplane View Post
By the way... thank you for your input so far!!!
Welcome. Hope we can find the issue.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
NMKAWIERIDER is online now  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome