Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

07 650 brute tie rods

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  NMKAWIERIDER 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have gone thru three sets of these in two year???
please let me know which rugged ones to buy and from who.
I have 26 in tires and electric steering. I notice they constantly loosen up. I'm always pulling over and tightening them at the steering shaft end.
Any help appreciated.
BL

#2 ·
upon inspection, i only need the ends that connect to the steering shaft. Those are the ends that wear out. I see a moose racing upgrade?

#4 ·
Moose makes a good set, so does Quad Boss. And those Must be torqued to exactly what they say. And sense they have loosed up on you, the holes will be egged now and that means they won't want to stay so go a little extra like 3-5lbs..no more as they can break and don't forget the cotter pin. Also use loc-tite if necessary and add a washer on either side if you can.

#3 ·
i have a 4x4i. in the parts catalog the inner tie rods have the same part number for 4x4 and 4x4i. The OEM parts catalog shows a female end, but the ones i have now have threaded ends? Could i have installed the wrong part?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.