Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

05 Brute Force 750 won't stay on

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NMKAWIERIDER 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone, first time poster long time forum reader. I have an 05' BF 750 that I absolutely love and is kept stock except for some awesome handle bar grips haha! I bought her two years ago and has been running great except for this past weekend. :(

After a long muddy weekend riding in upstate NY my Brute will no longer idle. I can start her up and keep her running as long as I feather the throttle, but if I let off the gas she dies out. I know she isn't perfect, but I never had this issue previously and now wondering where to start. I noticed the choke lever seems to be a little loose or not as tight as it once was. I also noticed I've been riding her for two years with out a "Screw-Throttle Stop" (Part - 16021). I'm not sure what this part does but I know when I bought the bike it wasn't included, odd.

I have a feeling it's something related with the carburetor but not sure where to begin and definitely don't want to damage it any further. Sorry in advance for being vague and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

#2 ·
Check all the normal things like electrical connections, carb boots for splits, connections under the fuse box for corrosion, Its an 05 so it has the bad buss connector issue..a must to fix, Fuel supply, drain the carb bowels for water..very common, check voltage at battery and coils-check that the charging system is working correctly, check the valve lash..too tight will stop them from idling for sure. Things like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.