Hot seat - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old August 19th, 2019, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Hot seat

Hey guys, recently purchased a 2009 750i brute. Took it out today for my first real ride in some 90 degree Arkansas heat and had some fun climbing hills and bouncing around exploring new paths to my deer stands. After about 30-45 minutes of riding, I really started to notice some heat buildup under the seat in front of me, to the point it became almost uncomfortable. The bike never had any bad performance or warning signals, but I’m concerned because I don’t feel like I really even pushed it that hard.

Am I just experiencing the normal side effects of having a 700cc engine under me on a hot day, or should I start looking for a potential issue before it gets worse?

Side note- first ATV, and I’m willing to learn, but my mechanical knowledge overall is limited. Sorry if this has been covered before. Tried to search the site and might have used the wrong keywords.

JTG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old August 19th, 2019, 10:17 AM

Garage
Go faster...lol. Yes, a 750 V-twin with two very hot exhaust pipes..one being right under your seat will collect heat fast so getting more air flow will move it out faster. And to do that one has to ..move faster through the air. You can check the insulation tape and even put some on the underside of the tray under the seat..and even wrap the pipe(s) which will help.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 3 Old September 11th, 2019, 09:09 PM
DLB

Kawasaki’s put off heat. Even the Teryx will run you out of the cab on a hot day. My ‘09 was hot and my ‘17 is hot. You’ll appreciate it more this winter I wear jeans and it’s really not that bad IMO. With shorts you really notice the heat.

Present: 2017 Brute Force 750 EPS | YZ450F | Suzuki LT80 | Suzuki LT50
Recent Past: Teryx 4 EPS | 2009 Brute Force 750 | 2007 Grizzly 700 EPS
...and several others since 1988

My Garage

YouTube links:
DLB | ElkRiverOffRoad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode