Brute force fouling plugs. - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old March 26th, 2019, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Brute force fouling plugs.

Help needed. Anyone have Idea why my dads 2009 brute force 750 fouls plugs after a short time of usage? The machine has VERY low hours, and has never been mudded or abused. When it started running rough, I pulled the front engine plug and it was black. I replaced it and it started right up and ran awesome. I figured I'd replace the other one to at the same time which I did. That one was a PIA LOL. Machine ran great for about a month or so. Now it's doing it again. I pulled the front plug again yesterday for him and it was black and oily. Do you think the ignition coil that's hooked to that cylinder is bad? Bad wire maybe? He barely rides the machine as he uses it on the farm.Any help would be great!
He runs non oxy gas in it also. Air filter is clean and doesn't burn or smoke any oil.

2008 Brute Force 750i (Stock)
Rear Sway bar Energy Suspension Upgrade
Bison Front Bumper
DG5 Module
Heated grips and Thump
Front and Rear Winch
Maxxis Bighorns
Full Set of HDPE Skids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old March 26th, 2019, 10:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn250r View Post
Help needed. Anyone have Idea why my dads 2009 brute force 750 fouls plugs after a short time of usage? The machine has VERY low hours, and has never been mudded or abused. When it started running rough, I pulled the front engine plug and it was black. I replaced it and it started right up and ran awesome. I figured I'd replace the other one to at the same time which I did. That one was a PIA LOL. Machine ran great for about a month or so. Now it's doing it again. I pulled the front plug again yesterday for him and it was black and oily. Do you think the ignition coil that's hooked to that cylinder is bad? Bad wire maybe? He barely rides the machine as he uses it on the farm.Any help would be great!
He runs non oxy gas in it also. Air filter is clean and doesn't burn or smoke any oil.
Normally I would say its showing signs that the engine is in need of a rebuild. However you say it is NOT using engine oil, only that the plugs are fouling with oil..not fuel. The only other things that can do that are: 1-Oil is being introduced through the crankcase vent. Check the oil level-ensure it is not over the top hash mark then pull the air filter , frame and fire guard and see if there is any sign that oil left a path from the vent port to the intake. Then 2- the only other thing that can look oily on a plug is coolant. Many Brutes have been known to loose head gaskets, letting coolant into the cylinder...but not usually both. Check the coolant recovery bottle-is it loosing any?

Other things to check are low power or bad battery/charging system. Then if an injector is sticking or leaking.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 4 Old March 26th, 2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply! I will check those out. One other thing, I did the spark plug mod a while back where you replace the plug wires with ones without a resistor. I wonder if that might be causing it over time. Was going to put the original ones back on also and see it it changes anything. I know the coolant reservoir was fine and the oil is between the hash marks. Its get an oil change every year which I do for him.

2008 Brute Force 750i (Stock)
Rear Sway bar Energy Suspension Upgrade
Bison Front Bumper
DG5 Module
Heated grips and Thump
Front and Rear Winch
Maxxis Bighorns
Full Set of HDPE Skids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old March 26th, 2019, 03:26 PM

Garage
The resistor system is there for more then just noise suppression in stereos so may be a good idea to put it back. Some have reported odd things happening to their coils after doing that mod and ended up replacing the coils. Not everyone though.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode