Carb troubleshooting tools to consider - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old March 23rd, 2019, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Carb troubleshooting tools to consider

Like many with carbureted Brutes, I had problems getting tuned correctly. I bought mine with a 2” snorkel, Dynatek ECU, 29.5 Outlaws and it never started or ran real well. I read through pages and pages of posts and got some help from NMKAWIERIDER. With all that I’m still getting ready to pull my carbs for the fifth time. Except this will be the last time for me.
Trying to tune by reading plugs , looking at symptoms and guessing jet sizes is for the birds. I got sick of it and invested $250 into the Dobeck SAFR. http://www.safrtool.com
You can also rent it for much less than buying. BTW, I have no affiliation with them nor do I get anything for endorsing them, I just like their product.
With the SAFR I know A/F ratios and I know I’m lean at idle on both cylinders and lean at WOT on my front cylinder. One more tear down and I’ll be set. I wish I would have bought it at the beginning - it would have saved me numerous hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old April 24th, 2019, 12:52 AM

Thanks for the Info

Did you tear it down yet? If so, how did it go? I bought a 2007 from my brother in law from Arizona and Im in Montana. It back fires like crazy. I just got a jet kit from 6sigma and am I going to have to fine tune it.
post #3 of 3 Old May 5th, 2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by workboots View Post
Did you tear it down yet? If so, how did it go? I bought a 2007 from my brother in law from Arizona and Im in Montana. It back fires like crazy. I just got a jet kit from 6sigma and am I going to have to fine tune it.
I haven’t torn it down yet, hunting season is over so I’m not in a hurry. I also need to change the front brake pads and front wheel bearings. I’ll probably wait until the end of summer to mess with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode