05 Brute Force 750 wont rev up. - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old July 25th, 2018, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

05 Brute Force 750 wont rev up.

Hey, i had an account here years ago but haven't used it in a few years so it was deactivated/removed i guess. =(

So a few weeks ago my father dropped off his 05 Brute force 750 and said it just stopped running. Quickly figuring out the valve head broke off and is in the cylinder. so i pulled the motor apart, got a used cylinder head, valves and springs from a local shop. took it apart, lapped the valves and "redneck leak tested it".
because my dads on a bit of a budget, and there was no damage to the piston, Cylinders or rings I decided not to replace the piston/rings.(a few small light gouges to the top of the piston head. 8 sec with a small flap disc smoothed it right out). I gave the carb a quick wash down with carb cleaner and put it back together. Upon first start up i was getting spitting out the front cylinder just before ignition, so i assumed i did a bad job laping the valves or the timing was off 1 tooth. So i pulled the motor apart again and re-laped the valves and reset the timing. I pulled bolth carbs apart cleaned and inspected them. after putting it all back together it runs and idles fine. but when i try to rev it up it wont rev up and lacks power. I let the bike run idle in the back yard for 1/2 hour while i filled the coolant. after the bike is warm it will rev up quite a bit more but still not like it should. it also backfires every time i give it more then 1/2 throttle.
I checked the rubber boots and everything is fine. The diaphragm and CV valve(I think its called) are in good condition. no wear, cracks or damage.
If anyone has any insight to what the problem might be, i'm open to suggestions. Thanks

20 sec video of the issue i'm having.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old July 25th, 2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Its not letting me attach the video, so i uploaded it to youtube and i cant post the link until i have 20 messages. so no video to show the problem. =(
post #3 of 8 Old July 25th, 2018, 12:58 PM

Garage
Is the lid on the airbox? Has to be. Any lights like belt or 2/4wd on in the dash?

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old July 25th, 2018, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

No nights on dash and the only thing not on is the breather hose from the beltcase cover to the airbox.(when its running good ill put the rest of the bike together)

post #5 of 8 Old July 25th, 2018, 03:43 PM

Garage
Wow that sounds rough... I guess check the CV slides, Fuel flow and pressure, get those valve set correctly, ...and I would check the CPS as well as the valve timing. Also the throttle sync linkage. Does it only run with the choke on?

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #6 of 8 Old July 9th, 2019, 12:48 PM

Did you go into the carbs and adjust the carb float level for any reason ?

If level is set too low, the machine will not feed enough fuel and will not allow the engine to rev up properly.

Wow - just saw this was from 2018.......................................Duhhhhh hhhh

05 Brute 750i Stock engine/Muzzy Pro exhaust,Vision Bruiser 14" wheels, 26" Kenda Bear Claw HTR, 3" intake snorkel w/ restriction,2" CVT snorkels,automotive 10" fan,ASR a-arm bushings,sway bar removed,buss connector mod,rejetted at #40 pilots,2 3/4 out on A/F screws,stock needles shimmed .030",# 160/# 160 main jets Keihin
post #7 of 8 Old July 22nd, 2019, 11:44 PM

Well at least you give a shit. Doesn’t look like any else does. Very kind of you
post #8 of 8 Old July 22nd, 2019, 11:45 PM

That thing sounded like it was starving for air or fuel. It would be nice to know wha the issue was

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode