06 650i high pitch sound while holding brake and gear at a stop - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old June 15th, 2018, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

06 650i high pitch sound while holding brake and gear at a stop

Hey guys. Quick question regarding my 06 650i. It has 214 hours on it and recently it started making a high pitch whine when im at a full stop and its in gear. I had assumed that it needed a belt adjustment so I had it brought over to the local ATV repair shop the mechanic said the belt was fine. Now I keep the 4-wheeler about an hour and a half away from where I live on my parents property so I didn't have the opportunity to meet up with the mechanic in person.l, although I did explain to him how he should try to replicate the sound but he said he didn't see anything abnormal.

I'm hoping someone here might have an idea of what might be causing it, because it never used to do that. Thanks in advance.

06 650i
Dynojet kit stage 1
modified stock exhaust
25" Bearclaws on stock rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old June 15th, 2018, 01:37 PM

Garage
Belts that are too tight..ie less then 22mm deflection will always squeal. Belts that have been idling in gear for long periods allows the bottom of the belt to get shinny spots from the primary's spindle will also squeal. Best to check the deflection. 22-27mm but the best is 23-24mm and while out deglaze the bottom of the belt with a scotchbrite pad. Go easy on it though.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
The Following User Says Thank You to NMKAWIERIDER For This Useful Post:
thecelt (June 15th, 2018)
post #3 of 4 Old June 15th, 2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Appreciate it man. Im gonna bet on shiny spots. Its still the original belt which is 12 years old now, even with only 214hrs. At what point should it be changed due to age, and whats the best belt to run? I typically only trail ride with my kids, but i do run it aggressively at times.

06 650i
Dynojet kit stage 1
modified stock exhaust
25" Bearclaws on stock rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old June 15th, 2018, 07:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecelt View Post
Appreciate it man. Im gonna bet on shiny spots. Its still the original belt which is 12 years old now, even with only 214hrs. At what point should it be changed due to age, and whats the best belt to run? I typically only trail ride with my kids, but i do run it aggressively at times.
Well that belt being 12 years old it's well past time to replace it. Probably after 5 years or 4K miles whichever comes first. Just get the OE Kawasaki belt. It and the Teryx belts are the very best you can buy for these.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
The Following User Says Thank You to NMKAWIERIDER For This Useful Post:
thecelt (June 15th, 2018)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode