09 brute 650i A arm bushings Upgrade - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old January 9th, 2020, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

09 brute 650i A arm bushings Upgrade

Hi I have been reading about a arm Bushing upgrades for the 09 brute 650i but cant seem to find any of the custom ones ppl talk about I did read about the 12+ brute top a arm & bushings are upgraded and that people were using them on older brutes but when I compared the part numbers from my 09 brute to a 12-13 on partsfish the upper a arm part numbers were the same and most of the bearings were the same with only a couple differences wheres the upgraded parts, Am i missing something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old January 9th, 2020, 05:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh13 View Post
Hi I have been reading about a arm Bushing upgrades for the 09 brute 650i but cant seem to find any of the custom ones ppl talk about I did read about the 12+ brute top a arm & bushings are upgraded and that people were using them on older brutes but when I compared the part numbers from my 09 brute to a 12-13 on partsfish the upper a arm part numbers were the same and most of the bearings were the same with only a couple differences wheres the upgraded parts, Am i missing something?
2013 was the last year of the 650 and they hadn't had any chassis changes sense they started in 2005..but the 750's did. In 2012 the 750s got all the new stuff and they will fit the 650i chassis. By the same token, any of the old bushing upgrade kits that say they are for the older 750s will also fit all the 650i.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 8 Old January 9th, 2020, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER View Post
2013 was the last year of the 650 and they hadn't had any chassis changes sense they started in 2005..but the 750's did. In 2012 the 750s got all the new stuff and they will fit the 650i chassis. By the same token, any of the old bushing upgrade kits that say they are for the older 750s will also fit all the 650i.

Ahh thats what I was looking for thanks a million for the info

PS are your saying a 12 750i bushing upgrade kit from say all balls will fit the 650I without having to get the 750I a arm or any additional hardware?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old January 9th, 2020, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Hmm i see that there's an "upgrade" kit for the 650i from all balls (All balls Part Number: 50-1059) that use bushings and not needle bearings and they look the same as the 750I as well so maybe ill try those and add some zerk fittings? Im assuming even though being all balls they will last a lot longer than OEM ? Again I appreciate the help.
post #5 of 8 Old January 9th, 2020, 09:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Ahh thats what I was looking for thanks a million for the info

PS are your saying a 12 750i bushing upgrade kit from say all balls will fit the 650I without having to get the 750I a arm or any additional hardware?
There shouldn't be a bushing upgrade kit for the 2012+s..maybe just a kit.. as their bushings are very different....and no, you will have to get the the 2012+ a-arms as the tube size is 5mm larger and straight bore nit stepped for the old bearings.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #6 of 8 Old January 9th, 2020, 09:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hmm i see that there's an "upgrade" kit for the 650i from all balls (All balls Part Number: 50-1059) that use bushings and not needle bearings and they look the same as the 750I as well so maybe ill try those and add some zerk fittings? Im assuming even though being all balls they will last a lot longer than OEM ? Again I appreciate the help.
Yeah..just use those and install zerks in the center.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #7 of 8 Old January 9th, 2020, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER View Post
Yeah..just use those and install zerks in the center.
Yea i think i will it will be a couple hundred cheaper this way and they should last way longer than OEM which ive changed 2x within 4000 kms

I appreciate the help thanks again.
post #8 of 8 Old January 10th, 2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I just installed those and they are delrin bushings. NMKawierider has stated that they don’t last as long but I haven’t had them on long enough to know yet. I know my stock bearings/bushings were a pain to get out. I think it’s a spark plug socket and 3/8” extension that I used to beat them out. Mine were really corroded due to previous owner mudding. You need some good snap ring pliers too.

2007 BF 650, HMF exhaust, Dynatek ignition, aftermarket air filter, snorkeled, High Lifter 2 lift, 29.5 Outlaw tires, EPI clutch for larger tires, HID headlights, LED light bar, aftermarket winch, Highlifter relocated radiator with adjustable temp switch and ability to manually turn on fan, external oil cooler, All Balls Racing axles all the way around, All Balls Racing tie rod upgrade, All Balls Racing ball joints and A-Arm upgrade up front.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Chassis & Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode