2005 brute force 750 - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old August 12th, 2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

2005 brute force 750

hey brute riders...new to this site...hello all...
looking to see if anyone has seen this issue. purchased this 2005 brute 750. first mistake was that I didn't take it for a spin, ran fine, but pops from rear carb here and there. (seen bunch of threads on carb cleaning and other tricks) im messing with that now. getting there. im very mechanically inclined person. car tech for over 23 years, so I can fix a thing or two. with that said....im pulling the rest of my hair with this one. I have this rotational clicking noise only on hard R/H turns (sounds like a CV shaft joint clicking, but I replaced the shaft ) coming from what sounds like right side rear wheel. I replaced rear bearings, replaced rear diff, rear shaft u-joint feel ok ( I even removed the rear shaft and drove it in 4x4 without rear shaft and clicking is still there on r/h turns.), I replaced CV shaft, I swapped spindles from side to side, i swapped hubs from side to side, I swapped shocks from side to side, I swapped rear wheels from side to side, checked wheels for cracks, but didn't see any, changed rear diff fluid ( actually all fluids), what else can I mention??? basically im rebuilding this wheeler. previous owner didn't really take care of it. but I got it for a good price. $2200. has only 860 miles, full armor kit, 2500lb winch. This wheeler had rough life with the previous owner and that's when i stepped in and bought it to save it.
i have seen some threads on this noise only on r/h turns, but no real repair results.
has anyone seen this or heard of this?? if so, please share your knowledge, before all of my hair is gone.
thanks kawi riders.
note:the clicking seems to get lesser with more weight on the wheeler.

Last edited by DPMS; August 12th, 2019 at 11:05 PM. Reason: detail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Chassis & Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode