Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

steering stabilizer

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SWBF900 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

Looking at a steering stabilizer for my wife's 2008 kawasaki brute force 750 4x4i. Seems there are many versions out there. Not looking to drop a ton, but hoping it will help with this bike being non EPS. found some on ebay and amazon....

Anyone run one? easy to install? Does it really help?

NMKAWIRIDER, I see you ran one for awhile, thoughts?

This says it will fit our non EPS kawi:

https://www.amazon.com/Streamline-S...r&qid=1551715121&s=automotive&sr=1-6-fkmrnull

On side note we've had a super heavy winter this year. This kawi keeps pushing the snow! 60" county blade. We've had over 50" of snow this year thus far. Wont let me upload the photo though.. weird.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey guys.

Looking at a steering stabilizer for my wife's 2008 kawasaki brute force 750 4x4i. Seems there are many versions out there. Not looking to drop a ton, but hoping it will help with this bike being non EPS. found some on ebay and amazon....

Anyone run one? easy to install? Does it really help?

NMKAWIRIDER, I see you ran one for awhile, thoughts?

This says it will fit our non EPS kawi:

https://www.amazon.com/Streamline-S...r&qid=1551715121&s=automotive&sr=1-6-fkmrnull

Yeah I used a Precision Pro before the EZ steer PS system. It stopped all that steering kick-back and made the machine much better on trail riding. It will not make it easier to steer but the rider can relax a bit which stops all that arm and shoulder pump and fatigue. Some of my friends did use the stick-type like you are showing and although the result wan't quite as strong as the Precision it still helped a great deal. These help so much I wouldn't run a non-ps unit without some kind of stabilizer. So yeah..do it...and it's easy to install.

#3 ·
Thanks! Guess I'll be ordering one for her!

Ordering new rear sway bar bushings and stabilizer links too.

I still have to do all 4 seals on either side of the drive shaft also. Rear engine side is leaking slowly....

Been a good wheeler though, 58xx miles is a lot of miles.

#5 ·
How's that Wild Cat holding up ?
Is that a 700 or 1000 version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.