Bus connector - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old August 19th, 2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Bus connector

Ok, new to the forum and new to me 06 brute. I just bought it yesterday. It was having a problem charging the battery and the belt light was blinking. A friend of mine said I need to do the bus connector on the back of the four wheeler by the gas tank, did that this morning. It was running fine yesterday before the bus connector was done away with. Now it wont rev and just pops and snaps when you give it any gas. He put all the white wires together, brown wires are together and the black and yellow wires are together. Also the brake light stays on now, wasnt doing that yesterday either. I got to ride it for all of 30 mins and now its messed up. Anybody able to help me at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old August 19th, 2018, 04:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek06brute View Post
Ok, new to the forum and new to me 06 brute. I just bought it yesterday. It was having a problem charging the battery and the belt light was blinking. A friend of mine said I need to do the bus connector on the back of the four wheeler by the gas tank, did that this morning. It was running fine yesterday before the bus connector was done away with. Now it wont rev and just pops and snaps when you give it any gas. He put all the white wires together, brown wires are together and the black and yellow wires are together. Also the brake light stays on now, wasn't doing that yesterday either. I got to ride it for all of 30 mins and now its messed up. Anybody able to help me at all?
Must have one of the early 06s. Any built after November 2005 won't have the left-over 2005 harnesses in them. Clearly something isn't right..and it may be the buss fix. There is a video in Brute Technical on doing that fix. Might take a look. Also the 2005manual should show the buss and what all goes together. There is said to be another buss connector closer to the front however I have never seen one nor has anyone ever produced a photo of it. Said to be near the shifter. Also don't rule-out it being in limp mode. That will make it run like that and may require the belt system reset. That's in the manual too. Look for either the belt light or the 2/4wd light to be on or flashing.

Link to video:

https://www.brutecentral.com/forums/...tml#post151714

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 6 Old August 19th, 2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. The bus fix was done like the video. I did notice as you said that the belt light is on and the 2wd/4wd is flashing so may very wellmay be in limp mode. We are gonna see it out, it's a beautiful brute with no mud stains anywhere and has never been snorkled. She just needs a little love. Need to order a shop manual for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old August 19th, 2018, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Really like it and a blast to drive it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180817-070254_Samsung Internet_1534714284732.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	6567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180817-070307_Samsung Internet_1534714325680.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	6569  
post #5 of 6 Old August 19th, 2018, 05:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek06brute View Post
Thank you for your help. The bus fix was done like the video. I did notice as you said that the belt light is on and the 2wd/4wd is flashing so may very wellmay be in limp mode. We are gonna see it out, it's a beautiful brute with no mud stains anywhere and has never been snorkled. She just needs a little love. Need to order a shop manual for it.
We have the manuals here..for free. Look in Brute Tech. Or..here

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/...0-fd20c412e8b1

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #6 of 6 Old August 19th, 2018, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Thank you nmkawierider, it's back acting like it should again

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Chassis & Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode