Fed up with electrical issues - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old December 16th, 2017, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Fed up with electrical issues

Ok so been riding all day at a mud event. Last week I di-electric greased every connector on the bike. Everything worked perfect. Road some deep water and mud today. Now out of nowhere it thru the belt light and went into limp, would go over 3mph, died, and had no power at all to anything. So I removed main 30a fuse, it's good, put it back in, nothing. After 20 seconds went by I wiggled 30a fuse around and got all power back. Reset belt light, rode back to camp. I pulled belt cover, belt is fine and switch is not tripped. So I fire it up. Notice that when I rev it up the cluster would flash and die out then come back at an idle. Well after I revved it twice it went into limp again, and 3 seconds later belt light flashing again. I shut it off, turn key back on, No power. So I wiggled 30a fuse again, nothing. Pulled it and checked it, still good. So i put in a new fuse for giggles and wiggled it. Got power back. My fuse block has no corrosion at all, plugs on the back are clean and tight. Electric greased. So now it's running fine. So I hop on it and open it up WOT down a straight away, no problem. I open it up WOT back and when I slowed down to 5mph speedo stopped working. Just reads 0. So now that means no 4x4. I checked speed sensor plug and wires, cleaned and greased it, plugged it back in till it snapped in place. So I know it's plugged in all the way. Still no speedo. So what gives??? Sensor just died like that?? Or something else causing all the problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old December 16th, 2017, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

It's a 2008 750 efi
post #3 of 10 Old December 16th, 2017, 09:33 AM

If the speedo is going blank, then most likely you are loosing a ground connection. On my 05 750, the ground connections are at the right frame next to shifter mechanism, front left frame around shock tower, and I believe there is one somewhere on the engine too.

05 Brute 750i Stock engine/Muzzy Pro exhaust,Vision Bruiser 14" wheels, 26" Kenda Bear Claw HTR, 3" intake snorkel w/ restriction,2" CVT snorkels,automotive 10" fan,ASR a-arm bushings,sway bar removed,buss connector mod,rejetted at #40 pilots,2 3/4 out on A/F screws,stock needles shimmed .030",# 160/# 160 main jets Keihin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old December 16th, 2017, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

I'm out here at the bike now I'll check the grounds
post #5 of 10 Old December 16th, 2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Ok so I had both fans for my radiator and oil cooler wired thru an automotive relay and then to a toggle that turned them both at the same time. Well after they ran for awhile the 30a main fuse would get really hot and loose it's connection somehow from all the current running thru it. So I disconnected the oil cooler fan from the manual toggle switch and ran it thru an inline temperature switch so it only turns the oil cooler fan on when needed, and shuts it back off after it's cool enough. After I did this I rode it another 8hrs today and it didn't do it once.
post #6 of 10 Old December 16th, 2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

But on a side note, the speedo was a loose connection from the kebc delete harness, and 4x4 was intermitant all day. Had to wiggle the 10a fuses everytime it didn't work. Stock fuse box is junk, and I will be ditching it for a waterproof one.
post #7 of 10 Old December 17th, 2017, 09:57 AM

Garage
Sounds like you need to go through that entire system from stem to stern.

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #8 of 10 Old December 17th, 2017, 10:23 AM

Here's your answer for a new fuse box. This guy posts these new boxs all over facebook brute force groups. See the link.
https://www.ebay.com/i/122845243025?chn=ps

05 Brute 750i Stock engine/Muzzy Pro exhaust,Vision Bruiser 14" wheels, 26" Kenda Bear Claw HTR, 3" intake snorkel w/ restriction,2" CVT snorkels,automotive 10" fan,ASR a-arm bushings,sway bar removed,buss connector mod,rejetted at #40 pilots,2 3/4 out on A/F screws,stock needles shimmed .030",# 160/# 160 main jets Keihin
post #9 of 10 Old December 17th, 2017, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

That's the fuse box I was looking to get. I have been over all the wiring from end to end. The loose connection for speedo was because of those cheapo wire tap clips they give you with the kebc delete harness to tap into the control box
post #10 of 10 Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:33 PM

I used dielectric grease like you did on two BF 750ís and they both developed problems after about 10 hours. Popping fuses. Speedometer cluster going blank. I cleaned it all out of the connectors and used WD-40 instead. No more problems. These bikes donít like dielectric grease in the connectors. May use it to seal the connectors but not IN the connectors. Good luck

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Chassis & Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode