oil pressure gauge - Kawasaki Brute Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old January 24th, 2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

oil pressure gauge

i always heard the theory's/myths about the oil pump in the Kawie, like wheelies for too long causes the engine to starve of oil. or WOT for too long causes oil starvation. so on..

so i installed a gauge. plus it looks cool too. i have always warmed up my quad before going WOT or heavy throttle. well this gauge proves that theory.

when cold with amsoil synthetic. gauge reading at idle is 75 to 80PSI (7C outside temp)
when at operating temps (about 98C)- gauge reading 15 to 20 psi.
i figure the pressure relief is about 75 to 80psi. (makes you wonder if the engine gets oil at start up:S?) as when im riding.. WOT or cruising she will sit from 60 to 80PSI

The wire doesn't hang down like that. i picked up a grommet from the store and neatly goes thru the top of the plastic on the handle bars

showing the temps with the gauge on the trail

08 750i, 26" bighorns 2.0 on itp 108ss. Ricochet full armor. warn 2500RT winch, 2"SS atv lift,engine snorkeled. BLUE back lighting for pod, PIAA lights, HID lights, heated grips, water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, custom rear rack(flat pack), EHS racing lid, poly upper a arm bushings. big guns full system, msd. zerk's on every suspension joint, dis-connectable sway bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old January 24th, 2010, 12:22 PM

Garage
Wow...so...where is the pressure senser? And how is it wired? Have you pulled a long wheelie to see if it dropps off?

15 Z Force 800 EFI
06 BF 750 (SOLD)

My Videos On You Tube
post #3 of 7 Old January 24th, 2010, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

here is some shots of where is kindof is.. if you know where the regular engine pressure switch is.. you'll sortof make out whats going on. basically i used a T fitting and put the stock switch in.. and plumbed the hose to the other side and routed it to the sensor... right now i have a some foam and gear clamp holding the sensor, im scratching my brain trying to think of better ways to hold the sensor. in hind sight i should have taken the pictures before i got muddy...

no wheelies yet. but i did notice it dips a little under 60psi when climbing a nice grade at WOT.

08 750i, 26" bighorns 2.0 on itp 108ss. Ricochet full armor. warn 2500RT winch, 2"SS atv lift,engine snorkeled. BLUE back lighting for pod, PIAA lights, HID lights, heated grips, water temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, custom rear rack(flat pack), EHS racing lid, poly upper a arm bushings. big guns full system, msd. zerk's on every suspension joint, dis-connectable sway bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old January 25th, 2010, 07:59 PM

I know for a fact that the engine gets starved of oil durning long steep wheelies.....my oil light flashes at me all the time when im smakin the rack on the ground

2007 Rack Smacker 750 SOLD SOLD SOLD

2012 RZR 800
post #5 of 7 Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:18 PM

If I could post pics I would show mine.
post #6 of 7 Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:21 PM

I mounted them in the cluster. Letís try this Twitter link:

https://twitter.com/dentsidepride/st...590592000?s=21
post #7 of 7 Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:22 PM

Oh man, look at that date! I dug up an old post

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum > Brute Forums > Brute Chassis & Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Brute Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode