Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 8,917
Total Threads: 8,103
Total Posts: 66,995

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old September 25th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #1

Default 2006 brute 750

i have a 06 brute force 750...no mods...101 hrs....200 miles and the things is popping thur the air box...just had the values adjusted by dealer and nothing changed.....please help...what can i do to fix this problem...also what octane is best?
foxhillbrute750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhillbrute750 View Post
i have a 06 brute force 750...no mods...101 hrs....200 miles and the things is popping thur the air box...just had the values adjusted by dealer and nothing changed.....please help...what can i do to fix this problem...also what octane is best?

Pull the pilot jets out (not the main jets) and blow them out with compressed air. This should fix your problem. If it doesn't, you need to adjust your valves. The lash on the intake valves is too tight. Stock kawie intake valves wear out pretty quick unfortunately and start sinking. I pull them out all the time and they are so sharp (wore out) they will cut you.
Bigkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #3

thxs bigkev...just got the bike back from the shop...they adjusted the values and wanted 200.00 to do the carbs....ive already pulled the carbs and cleaned them....the bike has never been dogged .....bought it from a 60 yr old guy that sold it cause he was getting to old....lol....im running 93 octane in it and havent even ran a full tank thur it...im going to busco beach next week with friends to a week long camp out and riding.....i hope riding it with the popping wont hurt it?....im just out of things to do to help fix this problem...people ive talked too tell me that 06 brute force 750 will always have a slight pop to them....
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #4

Quote:
thxs bigkev...just got the bike back from the shop...they adjusted the values and wanted 200.00 to do the carbs....ive already pulled the carbs and cleaned them....the bike has never been dogged .....bought it from a 60 yr old guy that sold it cause he was getting to old....lol....im running 93 octane in it and havent even ran a full tank thur it...im going to busco beach next week with friends to a week long camp out and riding.....i hope riding it with the popping wont hurt it?....im just out of things to do to help fix this problem...people ive talked too tell me that 06 brute force 750 will always have a slight pop to them....

No problem foxhill.

I've never seen a brute that just popped thru the carbs and couldn't be fixed by either a correct valve lash adjustment, or by pulling the pilots out and cleaning them thoroughly. There are other things that will make it pop, but if it runs good once you are on the throttle it would have to be one of the two I listed above. We get Brute's, Prairie's, and V-Forces in all the time with this problem.

Not sure how you cleaned the carbs, but just pulling the bowls off and spraying carb cleaner in them won't get your pilot jets clean if they have dirt or varnish in them. They need to be pulled out and cleaned. If its been sitting for a while, I would recomend flushing your fuel tank also. Gas isn't as good as it used to be these days.

Hope you get it figured out.

Kev
Bigkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #5

bigkev...i just hope riding it like this wont hurt it cause im getting down to the wire and dont want to pass a trip to busco beach up....lol, but when i get back im going to tear into more....thxs
Old September 26th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkev View Post
No problem foxhill.

If its been sitting for a while, I would recomend flushing your fuel tank also. Gas isn't as good as it used to be these days.

Kev
We've seen enough of that...
'Bout tired of pulling tanks.
mrb302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #7

I pulled the air filter off today along with the screen and I saw when it spit and sputter a mist of gas was coming out the back carb ....and quick fix to this?
Old September 26th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #8

It only sputters and pops in the back carb the front one seems to be doing fine...im stumped
Old September 26th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #9

Quote:
It only sputters and pops in the back carb the front one seems to be doing fine...im stumped
First, check the valve settings. If they have been held open becsuse they are too tight, you may have burned seats by now...but check anyway. The other thing that can cause that is the float level being too high. Also a bad or broken valve spring.
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #10

It can hurt you to ride like that if its the valve's. And I know you said the dealer just adjusted them but that doesn't mean they were done right. If its popping pretty good and you go on a weekend ride I"ll about bet you will need a valve job when you get back.
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » General Forums » General Discussion

Search tags for this page
06 brute force 750 carb
06 brute force 750 problems
2006 brute force 750 carb
2006 brute force 750 carb problems

2006 brute force 750 problems

brute force 750 carb valve float

brute force 750 popping

brute force carb back carb popping
brute force carb problems
brute force pops through carb
gas blowing back thru carbs on brute force
splash tube
Click on a term to search for related topics.