Sponsor Us
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 9,032
Total Threads: 8,204
Total Posts: 67,737

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM   #1

I am just looking at tires right now! i do mostly trail and mud. But I don't want 27" or bigger right now. I want to get more miles to a tank of gas since right now I get about 40 miles to a tank of gas. This spring I will be taking my lift kit off and getting something smaller than my 27" Outlaw MST's and I don't want smaller Outlaw MST's either. Right now I am looking at the:

1. 26" ITP Terracross XD

2. 26" Big Horns or 2.0

3. 26" ITP 589 M/S

Where to go or what to do!

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4i-SOLD
ATVFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:15 PM   #2

From what I've heard, the Terracross and Bighorns will have similar ride and handling. The Terra's are a little lighter, the 'Horns will last about twice as long. I have about 4000 miles on my 27" 'Horns and they are in great shape. A friend has 6000 miles on his 26" 'Hornes and they, too, look to be in excellent shape. Of course, he rides a Grizzly so he can't abuse the tires like I can on my Brute!

I love the 'Horns! Great all around trail tire that does very good in snow, quite good in mud. They are not, and never will be, a true "mud" tire.

I have a couple of friends with Terras and they like 'em a lot.

I haven't ridden the 589s. From what I've heard they ride very hard on pavement or packed conditions--lots of vibration from the lugs. A friend had them and said they actually hooked up TOO well--he didn't like them because he couldn't get them to spin when he wanted/needed to break it loose. He also said they seem to be a hard compound that lasts a long time. I'm guessing they wouldn't be a good trail tire, but would be great for mudding.

I'll probably stick with the Bighorns when the time comes. Unless, of course, something even bettter comes along!

Hope this helps!

I may be SLOW, but I'm not very efficient, either!
sailorgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM   #3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sailorgriz @ Jan 3 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I'll probably stick with the Bighorns when the time comes. Unless, of course, something even bettter comes along![/b]
Like these?

Out of those three I would flip a coin on either the big horns or the terracross and buy them.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:27 PM   #4

Out of your choices I also agree, I would spend my money on the horns first, then the crosses and last the 589's last. That's just my personal opinion. All three are good tires!
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM   #5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nadep python @ Jan 3 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Like these?

Out of those three I would flip a coin on either the big horns or the terracross and buy them.[/b]
Kinda like the look of those Motos. Got a lot of meat! And not so far apart that you would feel it on hard stuff.

My next ones were going to be either Terras or Big Horns, but I see I have to add another to the list.

EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:09 PM   #6

I had a set of 589's for about 2 rides on my prairie heavy heavy heavy and the big lugs didn't ride so good esp compared to you other 2 choices
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:46 PM   #7

I thought about some of these.

GBC Grim Reaper
mudlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:45 PM   #8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mudlift @ Jan 3 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I thought about some of these.

GBC Grim Reaper[/b]
Good looking tire also! But I noticed they didn't list the weight. It said 8 ply! may be pretty heavy. Ususally if your a pretty light tire you advertise it heavily. Since they don't list they may be on the opposite end???
05 750 Brute Force, Frt. and Rear baskets, Gun Scabard, 08 dry box upgrade, K&N air filter, VX-3000 Viper winch, pass. pad, 27" swamplites all around, ss108 wheels, skid pkg and frt bumper, Dynatek CDI and Maroon Primary clutch spring, HighLifter HD Springs on the rear from SS ATV along with their stainless custom floor board protectors, HD tie rod ends and HD stainless tie rods from ATV Trick Stuff, Mudlid breather from EHS racing, TwinAir Powerflow Kit and More to come!!!
Slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » Brute Forums » Brute Tire & Wheel Combos

Search tags for this page
2006 bruteforce 750 big tires
2006 kawasaki brute force 750 tire combos
best mud tire on brutemforce 750
best tire for brute force
best tire for brute force 750i
best tires for a bruit force 750
best tires for a brute force 750
best tires for brute force

best tires for brute force 750

best tirs brute force 750
best trail tire for brute force
whats the best mud tire for the brute force 750
Click on a term to search for related topics.