Go Premium

Sponsor Us
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 9,163
Total Threads: 8,306
Total Posts: 68,568

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Talk » Kawasaki denied warranty claim to Brute Force

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #1

Default Kawasaki denied warranty claim to Brute Force

My differential has been making a noise.

I took it in to the dealer, and they looked at it.

There was no diagnostic done on why the quad was making a noise in the front end. The tech showed me that left front cv was a little loose.

After 2 weeks, I was told it was obvious my 2006 Brute with 47 hours had been abused since there was mud under the seat. I called Kawi customer service, and the story changed. I was now told that they were denying my claim because of the lift kit I have installed. I advised Kawi they could not prove the lift kit caused or contributed to the product failure, but they still refused to honor my claim.

I asked for a denial letter so I could take this to the next level, and was told they would not send a denial letter on my claim. I called back and spoke to a manger who said I had abused the quad. I asked what proof he had, so he flipped to the ' you have a lift kit on' and the warranty only covers a stock Brute. He couldn't show me that in their extended warranty policy. He couldn't show the lift kit is what caused the CV to become loose, if that is even the problem. The front end makes a mechanical noise when I have it in 4wd. The manager said they would send a denial letter on my claim, and it has yet to come, and I picked my quad up 3 weeks ago.

I am very disappointed in Kawi. Neither the dealer, or their Corporate HQ would honor the extended warranty. I purchased it for $700, and the factory 6 month warrany just expired, and the 4 year warranty just kicked in a month ago (quad is 7 months old).

I asked for them to refund my warranty, and they would not do. I was told the request had come 60 days after purchasing it.
johnny010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #2

Thats BS!!! Sorry to hear that. If you really wanted to have this covered, I would rather pay a lawyer to make it right than the stupid KAWASAKI dealer. Maybe something to consider, best of luck!!
jakedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 03:58 PM   #3

The lift is 1.5"

Heads up to everyone considering buying an extended warranty (or Kawasaki for that matter). I wouldn't do it again.

I am considering selling my quad, which I enjoy very much because of the way Kawasaki is handling business.
Old June 26th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #4

Kawie never was that great on warranty. I would have uninstalled all mods and brought it back stock. Then said...here....fix it.

GEARSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #5

You should be able to cash in your extended warranty. They should pro-rate it and give you the difference back.
Douglas Ratllesnake wheels
27" ITP mudlite XTR's
SS ATV Bumper (Line-X'd)
SS ATV Floor board guards
SS ATV 2" Lift
DynaTek CDI
Tamarack wrap around trunk
NH Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #6

well my dealer is great about stuff what he tells me is that kawi doesn't know don't hurt them don't blame kawi as much as the idiot dealer kawi didn't need to know you had a lift kit all they need is the parts they replace after they are done your dealer is a jerk!!! or maybe more concerned about getting your money maybe they don't pay him enough to do it under warrenty rather charge you full price. But sorry to hear about it it gives you a bad taste in your mouth I don't blame you for being upset.
Old June 27th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #7

The dealer didn't call corporate, I did. The quad was clean, and the only AM accessory that was on was the lift kit. Taking it off, you'll still likely have paint rubbed off. Anyway, he told me it was a five hour tear down ??? to tell what was wrong with it, and something that expensive Kawi would need to be in on it. I called to complain, they called the dealer, and the dealer blamed it on the AM lift. I asked them, "What exactly are you denying if you don't know what is wrong with it?" I was told that they could tear it down, but it appeared to be wear and tear, and they'd charge me for the teardown since it wasn't likely going to be covered. Their minds were already made up before even knowing what the problem was.

I asked to cancel the warranty for pro-rate and was told since I bought the warranty in OK, and live in TX, there are no refunds after 60 days from the date of purchase. That is crap too. You don't know that once the warranty kicks in, you won't be covered. Once you find out, at least in these two states, YOU ARE SCREWED.

Is there another brand out there with better customer service? I want to go pay cash for another quad. Shouldn't they have done some market research that a guy that makes XXXXX per year, is 27, has two other off road toys, and lives next to an off road park could very easily net them thousands of dollars in profits by treating me right over the years. REPEAT - I think not. Screw them.

I work in an industry where legal matters are huge, and if there is any gray area, doubt, or even the thought of breach of contract (which they are in for this little fiasco), we cover it flat out. Customer is number one. I was blown away that they couldn't comprehend this. It was just a simple no, you had mud under your seat and you have a lift kit, we've heard it before and we're not covering it. It's not like I took them a swamped engine. My diff is clicking.

I want everyone to know about this. It just isn't right. Kawasaki, your product is kick ass, looks cool, and is fast, but flat out - the way to get customers coming back is SERVICE AFTER THE SALE.

Rant over.
Old June 27th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #8

Sounds familiar. I talked to my dealer here in Houston about my seal failure, they basically said if they found mud and dirt around the seal it was my bill. Of course there is gonna be mud and dirt, these are ATV's not show cars. I ended up doing the repair myself rather than pay them, but I won't ever buy an extended warranty with an ATV again. My boss also had a radiator fan go out on his Prairie and they pulled the mud under the seat crap with him.
Ricochet Skid Plates (Full Set), Stereo, Back Rest,
Ammo Boxes, Beer Rest
thebigfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #9

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Quote:
What my dealer told me if you do any mods like lifts, tire size upgrades, ignition modules, or anything else it would probably void the warranty....They will only warranty a stock brute. so my advise keep your stock tires, and you stock ignition modules put them back on in case you have to go back to the dealer for warranty work. Not sure how you would hide a lift from the dealer I guess you could remove it and lower back to stock, but that would become a real pain in the a&&......[/b][/b]
I to have the 4 year extended warranty on my 2005 750. I do exactly what stewman773 said to do. If I need to take my 750 in for work I take all the aftermarket parts off and reinstall stock parts. Yes, it's a pain but it get kawi to do the work.
82mm Wiseco 11.5:1 pistons, CWR cams, Dynatek CDI ,
my crossover intake, Fan switch, K & N filter, BKmuzzy exhaust
Warn XT25 winch with 50' syn rope
KFX V-Force 700 SOLD :-(
VFJ stage 3 clutch, Almond primary, Quadboss full skids, Fan switch, K & N Filter with
Outerwear, 12 hole mod, Muzzy Pro with stainless oval can, Spark plug boot mod, ASR SS
Front Brake Lines, VFJ UPP intakes, Razr 2's on ITP baja's, Orange PowerMadd Handguards,
Maier carbon fiber hood, H.E.P Taillight, AC racing front bumper, AC Pro peg nerf bars
2005 Brute Force 750 to many mods to list!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...SANY1909-1.jpg
05-BF-750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #10

I think your anger is warranted, however I would be more upset with the idiot dealer and less with Kawi warranty. Had the dealer been thinking about you and your loyalty, they wouldhave backed you up instead of selling you out. Find yourself a real dealer who themselves install aftermarket parts and you will have a much better chance of getting things like this through.

The mud under the seat excuse, that is just rediculous. Riding down a trail can splash crap into this area and washing the machine can cause mud to run off your fenders into this area. There is no way this would ever hold up as a valid denial.

A lift causing premature wear and tear, now this is feasible. Sorry, but it does create added stresses on your drivetrain and this may very well stand up.

Did you let your dealer know you were calling Kawi? Or were they blid sided by the call from them? I am not a dealer fan, but if you want something from them you need to spell it out for them clearly and keep them informed. What they should have done is tear it down and find out exactly what the problem is. For all they know it could simply be a dirty actuator which has nothing to do with a lift. They should deffinately let you know that you MAY in the end be responsible for the cost of doing so, but they should also back you up if they want your loyalty.

Do not throw Kawi to the curb because of this. You said it yourself, Kawi is one heck of a machine. If you think that other manufacturers will be anything better, I caution you. I do a lot of work on many different ATVs, motorcyles, and smowmobiles and have seen Actic Cat, Yamaha, and Honda do the same with warranty coverage. Most of the times it was because the dealer did not back the individual. I have also seen Chevy try to deny an engine warranty claim because the guy installed aftermarket wheels. Of course, this did not hold up and the motor was covered, but they will try. Just think how many times someone just says, "Oh OK."

The bottom line is find a dealer you can at least trust to support YOU and let them handle it. If you get involved to early it usually sets off a signal flare to them so wait to get involved in matters like this until after a denial has been made. Now you are in it, so I ould fight tooth and nail to get some resolution.
840cc kit and Dalton clutch kit
Boloiii is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Talk

Search tags for this page
brute force warranty
claim denial letter warranty phone
claim denial letters for warranty
extended buteforce 750
how do you know if front diff.is engaged on a 750 kawasaki brute force 2012
how many orange kawasaki brute forces were produced
kawasaki brute force 750 warranty

kawasaki brute force warranty

kawasaki forum warranty brute force 750

warranty claim denial letter

what voids kawasaki warranty
will radiator relocation on a brute force void warranty?
Click on a term to search for related topics.