Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 8,719
Total Threads: 7,909
Total Posts: 65,839

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #1

Default snorkel parts list

awhile back someone had a parts list on here for the snorkel kit him and his brother made. the snorkel came out of the front of the bike, not the fenders. can you repost the parts list please..
05 Brute Force 750,2" lift kit,27" Mudlite XTR's,black 14" ITP's,Dynatek CDI,jet kit,temp guage,HMF exhaust,hotcams,dual nitrous setup,snorkel,remote winch controller,fan switch,stage 3 VFJ clutch,HID lights,red strobes, remote battery jump plug, on board amp and removable speaker pods, and custom bumpers and skids coated with Dura-liner....
Bunnycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #2

x2
ClayM325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #3

Default Re: snorkel parts list

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Quote:
Originally posted by Bunnycop
awhile back someone had a parts list on here for the snorkel kit him and his brother made. the snorkel came out of the front of the bike, not the fenders. can you repost the parts list please..[/b]

You need to get send KevinB427 a pm. He made the kit for his and his brothers brute. I have the parts list and the pics I hope he dont get mad if I post it?

Hope this helps
Sid

THIS KIT WAS MADE BY
KevinB427
Trice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #4

(As I've stated before. My brother and I designed the snorkel system to try and cure the splashing water and steam problems the 750i has. It was NOT designed to go into realy deep water. Yes it has helped this greatly and here is some instuctiond on how we did it. Some of it has (picture) references from this thread. 1st Remove front rack and plastic with side pannels. This will all come off in 1 pice if you are patient and take out all the bolts. It will help if you have another person to help lift it off. 2nd Mock up everything before gluing it together so you can make adjustments if needed. Air box intake, Remove square looking pice from front of air box, you might as well take the belt intake pice off too while your'e there. Cut the flange off of the 3" rubber 90, don't cut too much off, trim to fit air box so it's coming out square. Put 3"-2" pvc bushing in 3" 90. Put 2"street 90 in bushing, put another street 90 on. ( See pic 3 90 ) Put the 2 1/2" pice of pipe in then a reg 90 pointing up. (This is whare stoped and started the belt intake) Cut pipe 3"-4" long depending on how high you want then to be, then the 2" rubber coupling. ( We cut the rubber coupling in half so it wouldn't stick out ) The next pipe will determin how much you want them to stick up. I didn't do this part till we put the plastic back on. Then I used 2" heavy 90's because I like the way they look painted black. Belt intake, Remove hard plastic pice that conects lower rubber intake boot to air box. Insert a 2" street 45 into the rubber boot. Put 9 1/2" pice of pipe in 45, then the 22.5 turning it till it's level with air box intake side. Cut 3-4" pipe and put into the 22.5 and then the 2" rubber coupling. Try and make both sides level as this will help everything else on up. Again I didn't make the upper parts till we had the plastic back on. We also used 3/8" wide zip ties to anchor the airbox and belt intakes to the frame. Being carful to try and keep both sides ligned up square and level as possible. ( See pic Belt intake ) Belt exhaust, Take original plastic part off, you will have to take the batery box apare to do this. Remove old boot and put V force boot on (this sucks) use the stock boot hose clamp. ( See pic belt intake exhaust ) Instal reg 2" 90 with 2-1 1/2" bushingin end pointing up. Then instal a 1 1/2" street 45 with a 9" pice of 1 1/2" pipe, then put on a street 90 if you use the hose or a reg 90 if you use pipe. Either will work there is plenty of room. This will go in front of the air box and down the other side of the air box. ( See pic belt exhaust ) The inner fender splash guard on the belt side will have to be trimed so it won't hit the 1 1/2 45. If you take your'e time and measure you won't have to cut it all off. Air box drain/carb vent lines Rerout carb vent lines around front of airbox and down upper frame tube. Put 2' long 5/8 clear hose on air box drain to replace original rubber pice. Put king nipple with plastic cap in the end of the hose. DO NOT run this hose without a cap. It will suck water into the air box. Before you put the plastic back on go throuth and mark or # the pices and use pvc cleaner then glue. Just do 1 side at a time. I learned this the hard way on Don's bike. After we put the plastic back on you will have to trim the black steering stem cover to run the air box/belt intake through. ( See pic snorkels finnished ) Also on this pice you will have to trim the back left of it to clear the belt exhaust 90. We fastened everything with the extra heavy duty zip ties and double checked all hose clamps. As with any snorkel system there is NO garantee that you will NOT get water into your'e engine or belt. My brothers 05 750 ran better after we did this same system to it. My 06 750 is going to need some carb tuning especioly with it getting colder. I hope this helps, good luck )

(Here's a parts list I hope I havn't forgot anything.

Air box intake,
1-rubber 3" 90
1-3"-2" pvc bushing
1-reg 90 2"
2-street 90 2"
1-2" rubber coupling
2- heavy 2" 90
1- 2 1/2" long 2" pvc pipe
1- 3"-4" long pvc pipe

Belt intake,
1-reg 45 2"
1-reg 22.5 2"
1-2" rubber coupling
2 heavy 2" 90
1- 9 1/2" long 2" pvc pipe
1-3"-4" long pvc pipe
1-2 1/2" long pvc pipe

Belt exhaust
V force exhaust boot
1- reg 90
1- 2"-1 1/2" bushing pvc
1- street 90 1 1/2"
1- 9" long 1 1/2" pipe
2" ID hose 18" long or 1 1/2 pvc pipe

Air box drain
2' 5/8 clear hose
1- 5/8 king nipple
1-5/8 cap plastic

Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint Black)

THIS KIT WAS MADE BY
KevinB427
Trice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #5

thats the one,, thanks, i have the same set up just needed it to verify a question my buddy had,, thanks again
05 Brute Force 750,2" lift kit,27" Mudlite XTR's,black 14" ITP's,Dynatek CDI,jet kit,temp guage,HMF exhaust,hotcams,dual nitrous setup,snorkel,remote winch controller,fan switch,stage 3 VFJ clutch,HID lights,red strobes, remote battery jump plug, on board amp and removable speaker pods, and custom bumpers and skids coated with Dura-liner....
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #6

Writing that it wasn't meant to go into really deep water is a disclaimer, or was it really not designed to go into really deep water? If not, can it be designed to do so?

Thanks,

JM
johnny010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #7

thats a disclaimer, you can out any size "up" tubes you wish,,mine works great
Old January 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #8

Once you get started on it you can change it to whatever you need. One of my buddys said he was going to make another set of taller top pices when he planed on going to the river.
I originaly put it on here so everyone could see it, hope it helps.
KevinB427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #9

Not sure from the pics and description, but does the belt intake just stay under the plastic when finished?? If so, why not just route it up so it cant get any water in it if you go as deep as the racks??aLSO, NOT TO SOUND STUPID, BUT WHAT IS a V force boot??

http://community.webshots.com/user/crazycrewZ71
vacheriebrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #10

The belt intake does go through the plastic in front of the handlebars its the one on youre right if you are sitting on the bike, the one on the left is the carb intake. The 1 1/2 pvc that goes around the front of the airbox is the belt exhaust.

The V force belt exhaust boot is the long rubber pice that replaces the belt exhaust hard plastic pice, its on top of the belt housing.
KevinB427 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » Brute Forums » Brute Snorkeling

Search tags for this page
2006 brute force 750 snorkel kit

2006 brute force 750 snorkle

2006 brute force airbox snorkels
2011 brute force snorkel parts list

brute force 750 snorkel parts list

brute force custom snorkel

brute force snorkel

brute force snorkel instructions

diy brute force snorkel kit

parts needed to build a home made snorkel kit for a 2008 brute force 750

snorkel belt intake

snorkel parts
Click on a term to search for related topics.