Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 9,172
Total Threads: 8,316
Total Posts: 68,727

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM   #1

Default fouled plugs???

bought 07 bf650 after 11hrs runs like crap misses, will only go 38mph, no throttle response, some backfiring, this quad has no mods yet, my dealer said it fouled the plugs ran it for about 3 minutes and started running the same again any ideas thanks
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM   #2

Default fouled plugs???

Check your air filter, it sounds as if it is dirty. I worked on one that did the same thing and I found the dirty oil filter. This was after his dealer told him they could not find anything wrong after having it for a week. Obvious they did not even look at the filter or the plugs. The plugs were so bad they had clumps of carbon on them.
If you have recently cleaned and reoiled it, you may have too much oil in it. My brother-in-law did this to his 650.
Very fussy machines about their air flow. Best advise, invest in an after market filter such as Twin Air.
840cc kit and Dalton clutch kit
Boloiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:16 PM   #3

Default fouled plugs???

Can you clarify exactly what you mean buy no throttle response. Boloiii's answer would be rite on track if you had an air restriction. You would have a carb the sounds gurgly and the throttle response would be very slugish. If you foul out plugs in three minutes... you have to have some kind of air restriction causing your plugs to drown out.
mattsbrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 07:03 PM   #4

Default fouled plugs???

Just the filter upgrade, probably not. You can expect longer durations of riding before you need to clean your filter though. I always have a spare filter ready to go. I would check the plugs after some good hard riding just to sure though. Rule of thumb, White = lean, tan= good, black=rich.
If you put on an exhaust, deffinately.
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:47 PM   #5

Default fouled plugs???

the plugs that come out of it are white in color, i agree that could cause this but my filter looks good are these things that finicky on the filter? I also noticed that when i take my fuel cap off it hisses like it might be vapor locking???? I know that on my sport quads this would make themm run terrible when the vent hose would get muddy how does the vent on this work I see were a hose comes out of the tank then goes into something before it goes in the frame. Appreciate the help thanks
Old May 2nd, 2007, 12:27 AM   #6

Default fouled plugs???

If the plugs are white, they are not fouled. Run it and while driving pull your choke a little. If it runs better you are lean, if it runs worse you are either OK or a bit rich. This reminds me, another problem I have run into is the choke plungers sticking. This will cause the bike to run rich.

These things are that finicky, especially the 650s. They are set to the lean side from the factory to meet the tree hugger regulations.

The "something" you are refering to on your vent is a check valve. You could pull it off and make sure it is not plugged. The Brutes have a vaccuum operated fuel pump so the vent is not AS critical, but it still does need to work.

Have you been in any deep water before this happened.

Another thing, check for cracks in the carb boots between the carb and the head.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:19 AM   #7

Default fouled plugs???

No it hasn't been in water over the floor boards. I ransome hose direct on the fuel vent and it seemed to work but when going thru that check seemed to blow thru but with some restriction. Gonna try useing the choke and see what I got it's in the back of my truck ready to go tothe shop, but I hate having them work on it thanks for your help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page

06 brute force fowling plugs

2 plugs on side carberator brute 7(0

brute force 650 carbon fouling

brute force 650 fouling plugs

brute force 750 faul plug

brute force fouling plugs

bruteforce plug fouled

ool fouled plug on 2cylinfer120 force

spark/arrester/plug/brute/kawasaki

why does my 2011 kawasaki 650 brute force backfire when increasing the throttle

why does my efi brute force foul so many plugs

will a fouled plug make a snowmobile run like crap

Click on a term to search for related topics.