Forum Members: 8,914
Total Threads: 8,100
Total Posts: 66,958

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:
Old April 1st, 2007, 04:57 PM   #1

Default 2005 750 topend ticking

Hello,
Well I am having trouble with the topend on my 750 wanting to tick. I have installed new valve springs (witch made it tons better) and she still has a little tick. I have my valve lash at .007 EX and .005 IN. Do I need to install new rocker arms? Is the ticking bad? I dont know what else to do. Please help!
82mm Wiseco 11.5:1 pistons, CWR cams, Dynatek CDI ,
my crossover intake, Fan switch, K & N filter, BKmuzzy exhaust
Warn XT25 winch with 50' syn rope
KFX V-Force 700 SOLD :-(
VFJ stage 3 clutch, Almond primary, Quadboss full skids, Fan switch, K & N Filter with
Outerwear, 12 hole mod, Muzzy Pro with stainless oval can, Spark plug boot mod, ASR SS
Front Brake Lines, VFJ UPP intakes, Razr 2's on ITP baja's, Orange PowerMadd Handguards,
Maier carbon fiber hood, H.E.P Taillight, AC racing front bumper, AC Pro peg nerf bars
2005 Brute Force 750 to many mods to list!
05-BF-750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 09:37 PM   #2

You probably need to check the cam chain and make sure it doesnt have alot of slack in it if it does check the cam chain tensioner for proper operation if it is working properly then you may need to replace your cam chains.
Jason McGlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM   #3

double check your exhaust, might have a small pin hole, or is it not that type of tic? just throwin things out there hope its nothing serious

cheers
click here for pics
</div>
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:07 PM   #4

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Quote:
You probably need to check the cam chain and make sure it doesnt have alot of slack in it if it does check the cam chain tensioner for proper operation if it is working properly then you may need to replace your cam chains.[/b][/b]

Quote:
double check your exhaust, might have a small pin hole, or is it not that type of tic? just throwin things out there hope its nothing serious

cheers[/b][/b]
My cam chains are brand new. I had a compleat engine rebuild about 200 miles ago. Today I changed the oil to 20W50 (before had 5W30) with 20% Lucas oil and that seemed to help. Now the tick is very little but still there. I'm starting to think it's just how my engine is. I cant think of anything else to do. Jester I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean about a small pin hole?
VFJ stage 3 clutch, Almond primary, Quadboss full skids, Fan switch, K & N Filter with
Outerwear, 12 hole mod, Muzzy Pro with stainless oval can, Spark plug boot mod, ASR SS
Front Brake Lines, VFJ UPP intakes, Razr 2's on ITP baja's, Orange PowerMadd Handguards,
Maier carbon fiber hood, H.E.P Taillight, AC racing front bumper, AC Pro peg nerf bars
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:14 PM   #5

Who did your rebuild and just because a part is new does not mean that it will not fail. But cam chains may not be your prob. as jester said it could be an exhaust leak just look at the pipe and see if you can see any carbon build up or loose nuts on the headers but if it got quieter when you went to a heavier oil and lucas it sounds like bearing clearence issues.
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Who did your rebuild and just because a part is new does not mean that it will not fail. But cam chains may not be your prob. as jester said it could be an exhaust leak just look at the pipe and see if you can see any carbon build up or loose nuts on the headers but if it got quieter when you went to a heavier oil and lucas it sounds like bearing clearence issues.[/b][/b]
The dealer did my rebuild. I flooded the engine out and locked her up. When I installed the new valve springs the chains seemed to be in good shape. As far as the bearing clearance how and why would that happen? The sound is coming front the front cylinder. Also checked the exhaust all seems fine.
Old April 1st, 2007, 11:31 PM   #7

Quote:
The dealer did my rebuild. I flooded the engine out and locked her up. When I installed the new valve springs the chains seemed to be in good shape. As far as the bearing clearance how and why would that happen? The sound is coming front the front cylinder. Also checked the exhaust all seems fine.[/b][/b]

I bet that rebuild was expensive. It is really hard to say what it is without hearing the noise myself just mainly going by what you are telling me. Did the dealer do an entire rebuild and replace all crank and rod bearings and new oil pump and did they give you your old parts. Not saying they got you but always ask for your old parts that way you know what was installed and what you payed them for was done or if something was replaced that did not need to be.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:02 AM   #8

Quote:
I bet that rebuild was expensive. It is really hard to say what it is without hearing the noise myself just mainly going by what you are telling me. Did the dealer do an entire rebuild and replace all crank and rod bearings and new oil pump and did they give you your old parts. Not saying they got you but always ask for your old parts that way you know what was installed and what you payed them for was done or if something was replaced that did not need to be.[/b][/b]
Yes, I know what you mean. But I got very lucky and warranty rebuilt my engine. From what I was told every thing but the engine case was replaced. I have thought about calling Kawasaki myself and seeing if they could somehow tell me what was really replaced. Oh and the engine work was over $2,000
Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:21 PM   #9

Man you would have come off cheaper to send to Flint you would have gotten a stronger engine for about 200 less.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:51 PM   #10

is it a good ideal to adjust valves at 100 hours r what
ssatvplusDiamond Plate Bumper,750 BRUTE 06 26 VAPIRE ssatvplus lift kit, K&N,pro circuitexhaust, outlaw super duty pro clutch ,dyno jet 150f 155r needle #3 http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bluthang7/albums/
bluthang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Brute Central Forums » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page

2005 brute force 750 engine noise

brute force 650 manual cam chain tensioner making noise
brute force 750 cam chain

brute force 750 cam chain replacement

brute force 750 cam chain tensioner

brute force 750 engine tensioner

brute force 750 engine ticking

brute force 750 ticking noise

brute force tick
brute force timing chain noise
brute force timing chain tensioner
kawasaki brute force timing chain symptoms
Click on a term to search for related topics.