Go Premium

Sponsor Us
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 9,131
Total Threads: 8,279
Total Posts: 68,241

You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain » 2012 Brute Force 750 4x4 Not Working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #1

Default 2012 Brute Force 750 4x4 Not Working

Hello I am a new member. I have been reading this site for a year just decided to join. I have not seen this issue in the forums if it is I apologize for reposting. My Brute Force 4x4 lite was flashing and 4x4 not working as it was still under warranty I took it to the dealer they said the battery was to low to make it work as it is winter and have not rode it alot. Told me to put a trickle charger on and problem would go away. Has any body else had this problem? Thanks
Ironturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #2

Welcome. Well, if the battery started it..it has plenty of power for the actuator system. They are full of BS I'm afraid. The flashing 2/4wd light means one of the actuators has a problem and that error code has shut down actuator control power so nothing can be additionaly damaged. It could be a corroded connection or something as simple as the need to change the front diff oil. It could be a faulty actuator as well...what ever it is, it needs to be fixed before your warranty runs out so it needs to go to a dealer that knows something...
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #3

Thanks! Yea I thought it sounded fishy. Dealer said they put a battery charger on it for a couple hours and it worked fine said they have fixed others the same way. I have Bought Three Brand new machines at this dealer and they have always treated me very well.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironturtles View Post
Thanks! Yea I thought it sounded fishy. Dealer said they put a battery charger on it for a couple hours and it worked fine said they have fixed others the same way. I have Bought Three Brand new machines at this dealer and they have always treated me very well.
Well, if the voltage was low, that will have an effect...I just assumed you were driving it.
EZ-Steer EPS | Elka Stage-3 Shocks | Dynatek CDI |UNIfilter Filter | Catch Can | Perma-Cool Oil Cooler | Diamond "G" Tie Rods w/Moose Ends | Energy Swaybar Bushings | OMI Stem Bushing | Ricochet Skid Plates | HL Bumper | Direction2 Overfenders | 26" Grim Reapers on 14" SS112s | 2012 Seat | 2013 A-Arms & Bushings| Shorai Battery | ROX Riser & guards | Tons More Stuff!

NMKAWIERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #5

I rode for 5 or 6 hours the day it would not work. Never started working.
Old February 15th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #6

is it working now, the 4wd system on these machines are a coin toss (for the mudders for sure)some have no problems, an some are nothing but problems. good luck i hope you get it worked out
06 650i, 29.5 skinny laws,warn 3000 winch,relocated rad,oil cooler,oil press ,water temp,an oil temp gauges, fst 85mm 11.5 to 1,fst stage2 cams,dynafs ing,head porting,front mounted reciver hitch(works well moving trailers) full hmf exhaust .rmax manual 4wd, ez steer
rmax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #7

To update my 4x4 problem it has worked fine since dealer said they charged the battery and I keep a trickle charger on it. I have rode it 4 or 5 hours since with no problems. I am still skeptical about this "fix".
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #8

Mine started doing this last Fall - slow flashing 2WD/4WD. I took it to the dealer and they said they unplugged & reconnected the wires and it went away so they said it was just a loose connection. I went for a 60 mile ride Saturday and it's doing it again.

I can't say that it's not a low voltage problem because it was flashing when I started it. I'm going to pull the main fuse to see if it resets. If not, it's back to the dealer - glad I've got the extended warranty.
2012 Camo & 2012 SE BF 750, 2011 Teryx2 Sport - Ricochet skids & a-arm guards, TTO temp gauge, Teryx EZ-Steer EPS, 26x12 Ceros, 26x12 Bearclaw HTR, 26x12 Tusk Trilobite HD, 25.5x12 Pitbull Rocker, 26x12 Pitbull Growler, 3500 lb winches, Works G & Elka stage 1 shocks
OverTheHill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #9

This is a common problem. Mine has done it a few times. The 4x4 indicator light will flash and you cannot switch from 2x4 to 4x4 or vice versa. The fix is to reset the actuator controller by disconnecting batttery power for a minute and then reconnect it. Easiest way is to unplug the two-pin white wire harness near the starter relay. That cuts battery power to pretty much everything. I unplug that connector when I store my ATV so that the dash meter does not drain my battery dead.
Pulling the main fuse would accomplish the same thing also.
Johns2012Brute750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #10

There may be something to this. I tried to start it and just got the clicking noise. I put the Battery Tender on it and it said the battery was more than 80% low. After fully charging, I pulled the 30 amp fuse for a minute and the flashing 4wd/2wd quit. I let it sit for 3 days and the problem didn't come back.

I found the following tech. article on the Kawi site:

If battery voltage drops to a certain level the starting system will only make a clicking noise when the start button is depressed instead of the more familiar slowing of engine cranking normally encountered as battery power is depleted. While a clicking noise is most often associated with a fully discharged battery, in this case it is likely battery voltage has just dropped to a level that won’t allow power to reach the starter relay.
2012 Camo & 2012 SE BF 750, 2011 Teryx2 Sport - Ricochet skids & a-arm guards, TTO temp gauge, Teryx EZ-Steer EPS, 26x12 Ceros, 26x12 Bearclaw HTR, 26x12 Tusk Trilobite HD, 25.5x12 Pitbull Rocker, 26x12 Pitbull Growler, 3500 lb winches, Works G & Elka stage 1 shocks
OverTheHill is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawasaki Brute Forum » Brute Forums » Brute Engine & Drivetrain

Search tags for this page
2012 brute force 4wd on off
2012 brute force 750 flashing 4wd

2012 brute force 750 problems

battery install 2012 2013 brute force 750

brute force 4wd not working

brute force 4x4 not working

brute force 750 4x4 not working

brute force 750 4x4 not working after dead battery

brute force 750 dead battery

brute force 750 no change 4x4 in panel
brute force not changing into 4x4
stuff for 2013 brute force 4x4
Click on a term to search for related topics.